Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with the shop permalink

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by gaelC 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hi,

I work on a website in french, so the permalink of woocommerce is "/boutique/".

But nothing to do, when I want to modify the layout of woocommerce archive page toolset remains blocked on the nonexistent "/shop/" permalink

How to make toolset understand that the woocommerce permalink is /boutique/ and not /shop/

Thank you for your help

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gael,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the page so that I can have a look ?

Also did this issue started to occur recently

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Capture d’écran 2017-02-27 à 15.53.16.png

Hi Shane,

here is the link create by toolset for product archives page: hidden link

here is the link I need for my woocommerce shop: hidden link

how can I switch in french the default link product archives "shop" to "boutique"

I have this problem from the beginning...

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gael,

Actually I just tested this and it worked on my test site.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Gael,

Thank you for providing login details. Shane is on holiday today and I will be working on your ticket.

I am working on this and trying to debug the issue. Will update you soon.

Thank you for your patience as we strive hard to resolve this.

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Gael,

I have thoroughly investigated this issue, it's basically happening because WooCommerce default pages are not configured and to change the main shop page, WooCommerce default pages needs to be created or renamed. Please check these links:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-pages/
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/

1. I have added Boutique as default shop page and you can see it at the below link, also please see attached screenshot: hidden link

- Theme should have an option to enable sidebar on this page. If it does not have it then you can use our Layouts or WooCommerce Views plugin to create a new layout for this page and have more control on it:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

2. Basename or product url now also has the boutique in it:
hidden link

- Please note that your current setup is between your theme and WooCommerce settings, since you are not using any layouts or toolset features on this page yet.

3. As I have changed Default Shop page as “Boutique”, it has stopped working, usually this should not happen with woocommerce themes and this page should show something at least: hidden link

Thank you

Hi Noman,

I had temporarily deleted the main page Woocommerce because I couldn't change the permalink and I try a lot of things to resolve my problem... But I'm glad you could help me!

The theme has a sidebar, but when you activate Toolset, it breaks the theme page... I will recreate one page with Layout Plugin...

Thanks for your support!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.