1. By setting "Global" for the country template, I don't need to assign the template one by one.
I understand the plugin is "OK" with this and does not conflict with itself when one template is global and the other specific, this seems a great solution provided by the plugin...
2. Related to the assigning of the template, I meant, where does or how does this plugin determine what Post Types to display on the archive it generates for the taxonomy?
As we see, it does not display any Custom Posts at all, but only one post type: native WordPress posts.
How does Elementor let you choose that? Knowing this would allow us to show these Custom Types on the templates.
If the Custom Post Type is connected to the taxonomy it does not yet mean, the archive for that taxonomy is able to display data of that Custom Post Type.
That's crucial to display the custom type, however I found the reason to all this, hence you can ignore this point 🙂
3. The settings should be fine, after controlling them, of the post type.
I suspect, Anywhere Elementor is not ready to display Custom Post Types on the archives it generates for any taxonomy.
But I cannot confirm this yet, I just based on the fact that I cannot see settings for this, while Toolset Views, for example, provides this setting, and it is something required to display custom data on archives (as the data is not native to WordPress)
Can you ask with Anywhere Elementor how to include Custom Post Types in the archives created for categories?
If you want I can also ask them, it will, however, take a while as I will have to communicate this thru the compatibility team's process.
I notice also the involved plugins are out of date. This is not necessarily an issue but Elementor and Toolset both fixed several issues in past for compliance, it could be good to update them.
Now, to the solution.
1. I noticed that you do only create the template with Elementor, however, the content (loop) is not generated by it, it's generated by 2 Views.
One does Select taxonomy terms whose parent is the current taxonomy archive and outputs the taxonomy link and a post count.
2. Another displays the posts determined by the current archive term, and that is why we do not see any other custom post, of course, since it does display only native posts. I added all custom posts to it.
3. Additionally, since that View is ordered by "Likes", and no likes exist on profiles or posts, nothing is displayed for those, they simply are omitted, as it cannot be used to order if values are missing.
4. The solution here is to order by something that exists (post date?) and that should be solved (I did this change already)
We now see all posts on the archive, but as soon Profile is activated (with Africa) all disappear again!
5. This indeed is because the single profile posts, apply a Toolset Content Template AND a global Elementor template, whereas you should only apply the Elementor Template (or the content Template, but we suggest the elementor template)
I also already adjusted this for the one post in profile with term Africa and now on Africa's archive, all 3 custom posts can be seen.
Please let me know if some unclarities remain