Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with showing content from taxonomy

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Daniel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Theme Builder ‹ ESmedo - Empresa de Traducciones y Servicios Web — WordPress (4).png

Hi,

for this site I have created several taxonomies.

With the Divi Theme Builder I have created a template for showing the content from the taxonomies (see screenshot).

I have created a template for the taxonomy called "Paises" and it works perfectly fine. See: hidden link

However, I have created another template for the taxonomy called "Idiomas" following exactly the same process and it does not work. See: hidden link

I tried to apply also the same template to other taxonomy types and it works. The problem is only with the taxonomy "Idiomas".

I guess the problem is related to how the taxonomy is configured but I don't know what it is.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, but I don't really know anything about creating templates using the Divi theme builder.

I can help you with creating Toolset templates that you design with Divi, but I can't tell you anything about creating Divi templates.

I think you need to consult with Divi support about the required settings for those.

I visited both your links and can see that for the idioma taxonomy archive nothing is output where the archive content should be (i.e. it is not a problem of the content being generated but somehow obscured, perhaps through CSS, the content is simply not generated in the first place; see the screenshot).

If you think it is something to do with the taxonomy settings, all I can suggest is that in two browser windows side-by-side you compare the settings for the idioma taxonomy and the pais taxonomy and make a note of any differences.

Note that on both pages you have JS errors.

Settings ‹ ESmedo - Empresa de Traducciones y Servicios Web — WordPress.png

Hi Nigel,
I don't need help creating the template with the theme builder. The thing is that template is actually functional and works with all other taxonomies created with Toolset, except with the "Idiomas" taxonomy. So I think the problem is the taxonomy, although the settings are the same as the other ones...

In the past you helped me creating a php template for the same site. This is the thread:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/content-template-for-taxonomy-items-2/

I also tried to deactivate the changes you made in Toolset settings>Custom Code, but without success.

Do you think this could be the problem? Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Daniel

Nigel
Supporter

So you are not using the Divi theme builder to customise templates and you are editing the PHP templates? (You have a taxonomy.php template for this.)

Is that correct?

I think I need to take a look at what you've done so I can understand the setup.

If you want to customise archives with Toolset then the approach is to create a custom archive at Toolset > WordPress Archives, which replaces what your theme would output, but let me see what you've done.

I'll set up a private reply for you.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Daniel

I spent quite a while investigating your site and performing various debugging tests but I wasn't able to isolate the problem.

I took a copy of your site to share with my colleagues so that they can investigate further.

I'll let you know when I have some feedback from them.

Hi Daniel,

Please see the /idioma/ingles/ page and let me know if the issue has been fixed.
The problem is that you've assigned a content template (content-template-for-idiomas) to the Idioma taxonomy archive.

I unassigned the Idioms from the content template to fix the issue.

Please let me know if the issue has been fixed.

Thanks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.