Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with Layouts and / or Layouts Genesis Integration and HTML structure

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I just started working on a couple of new sites and have noticed that it appears that Layouts and / or Layouts Genesis Integration plugin messes up the HTML structure on Genesis v 2.4.2.

Here's the basic high level structure of a default Genesis installation:

site-container
	header
	nav
	site-inner
	content-sidebar-wrap
		main.content
		aside.sidebar
	footer

And here's the structure with Layouts and Layouts Genesis Integration plugins active:

site-container
	site-inner
		content-sidebar-wrap
			main.content
				header
					nav
				footer
			aside.sidebar

As you can see, it's nesting the header, footer, and aside.sidebar within main.content and forcing the aside.sidebar to its own row below the footer.

The aside.sidebar is inserted automatically on a row of its own even on a new installation I just started that is using a Layout for a page but has no cells assigned to it.

I have confirmed this problem on multiple installations running Layouts and Layouts Genesis Integration plugins and Genesis v 2.4.2.

I do have one installation running Genesis 2.3.1 where the structure is correct, so it appears that somewhere between 2.3.1 and 2.4.2 there is a problem.

Please advise.

layouts-genesis.png

In case it helps, here's a screenshot.

I just rolled an installation back to Genesis v2.3.1 and the problem is gone.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Dawson

Our compatibility team have been working on further updates to the integration plugin to accommodate the changes in Genesis 2.4 in response to client feedback, and will publish an update soon.

That update modifies the CSS. You can get the updated theme-integration.css file here to test for yourself: hidden link

You will need to overwrite the existing file at /wp-content/plugins/layouts-genesis/public/css/theme-integration.css

It would be helpful if you could check and report back.

I note that your initial comment describes differences in the markup structure rather than the CSS and so in the meantime I'm going to pass that info on to our developers.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dawson

Let me pre-empt any more testing on your part by confirming that the devs are working on the structural markup changes, too, and this is still in progress.

I am escalating this thread so I can add it to the relevant internal ticket for tracking and will keep you posted with developments.

Are there any updates on this?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dawson

You may have noticed we pushed out some updates overnight, but these were minor 'hotfixes' in preparation for the release of WordPress 4.7 next week.

Testing is now underway on the full batch of releases which will include Layouts 1.9. The integration plugin updates—including the Genesis integration which contains the fix for the existing issues—will be published at the same time, so that testing can confirm that no new issues relating to Layouts 1.9 appear.

We expect to be ready with the updates, all being well, in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dawson

I'm just reviewing the tickets marked as fixed in next release in anticipation of a slew of updates for the main Toolset plugins intended to be published after the weekend when testing is completed.

The Genesis integration plugin has been pending, waiting on the release of Layouts 1.9 which was a major update, and both will be published next week. That should hopefully resolve your issue.

Thanks for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.