Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with layout of content template using block editor

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to display a full-width template on my custom post type, but it remains boxed in a container.

Solution: Disable the Elementor post type template for this custom post type and use the GeneratePress theme options to specify a full-width template.

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucyD 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have am creating content templates for single posts using the block editor but I can't get them to display in the same way as regular pages.

This is a regular page and the layout I want:
hidden link

This is a post using a content template:
hidden link

Note the fields above the blue bar and the content is not full width. I can't work out how to get rid of the bits above the blue bar and make the content full width.

Hello, it looks like I need to be able to log in to see the site links you provided. Can you provide login credentials in the private reply fields here in the forum with your next reply? I'll take a quick look and see what you've got set up so far and give you some feedback.

Toolset's Content Templates fill in the space provided by your theme, GeneratePress, for the main content area. This tutorial I found shows how you can use GeneratePress Premium to create full-width layouts: https://layerwp.com/different-post-page-width-generatepress/

Without GeneratePress Premium, it would require custom CSS code. Since you're using Elementor as well, the custom CSS must override the settings applied by Elementor as well, so it isn't something I have available as a cut-and-paste solution.

Without a Toolset Content Template active for the Activity Log post type, are you able to create a full-width design with Elementor and GeneratePress? If I can see that working, I might be able to determine how to integrate a Toolset Content Template in that full-width space.

Thank you for your help Christian - your response gave me a clue that helped me to spot what I had done wrong! I just needed to disable Elementor on the post template page and it worked as expected.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.