Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with a shortcode in Layouts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,
i'm using toolset. on my web site. I particular I use layouts to create a template for a podt type.

I also use a plugin called "Reviews fro WordPress"

I have been using the app for many months, and no problems I found when th page is displayed.

But for a few days I found a problem.

I used this schortecode to display a review: [rwp_box_criteria id="0" post="44189"]
If I used this code in a simple page (in the body) the result is good. But if I display the same code into a Visual Editor cell the sshotecode does not work.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Domenico

Hi,

I update the ticket with one more information.
I've installed last versione of layouts ( 2.6.5 )
I've installed last versione of views (3.2.2.1 )

When I add a view into my layouts I've problems on the page.
For example "accordion" does not work. There is a conflict between Views and Accordion.
I've also problem in the same page with another shortcode (from another plugin).

If I erase the view Accordion ane the shortcode of the other plugin works fine.

With version 3.1.3 of Views "Accordion" works fine. The problem is from the versione 3.2 to the last one,

Hello,

Since it is a compatibility issue with other plugins, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide a copy of your website, also point out the problem page URL and layout URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Hi,

I've tried to deactivate all other plugins.
I've not a test website. You can work on the site directly (I've a backup).

I can share with you the ftp and wp access. I've a backup

Private message box enabled again, please provide your website credentials, also point out the problem page URL and layout URL, I need to test and debug it in a live website.

I have tried the credentials you provided above, it is not valid, I get these error:
Errore: la password inserita per l'indirizzo email supp***@tripdoggy.com è errata.

Please check it, make sure it is valid, and please backup your website first, then update here, I will need to deactivate other plugins/theme in your website, thanks

Hi, please try again with the same credential.
I've updated the log.
I've already backup the website.
Sorry.

I have tried the shortcode you mentioned above in a simple page here:
hidden link

Test shortcode start:

[rwp_box_criteria id="0" post="44189"]

Test shortcode End

Test it in front-end:
hidden link

It does not work, can you confirm it?

So it won't work in Layouts too, you will need to check it with the your custom shortcode author for it.

Yes, but the problem is with accordion.
It does not work if I update "view" plugin.

Please do not consider the shortcode I mentioned. The problem is with accordion as I explained in the 2nd post.

Thanks for the details, I have tried these in your website:
1) Upgrade Toolset Types plugin manually,
2) Upgrade all other Toolset plugins automatically by following our document:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/#automatic-installation-once-you-have-types-plugin-installed
3) Test the problem page you mentioned above:
hidden link
I see below JS errors:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'wpvViewHead' has already been declared

As recommended by WP Rocket plugin:
If you notice any errors on your website after having activated this setting, just deactivate it again, and your site will be back to normal.

And it conducted by the "WP Rocket" plugin:
Dashboard-> Setting-> WP Rocket-> File Optimization
in section "JavaScript Files", disable option "Combine JavaScript files"

Please test again, check if it is fixed, thanks

Thanks Luo,

Now it works fine (and also the shortcode).

The problem now is with "forms" plugin.
Updating it to the last version it does not work in the right way. Clicking on the bottom "Calcola preventivo" it does not upload the page.

Please check at this link: hidden link

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-problem-now-is-with-forms-plugin/

I assume the original questions of this thread is resolved, for other new questions please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-problem-now-is-with-forms-plugin/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.