Skip Navigation

[Resolved] problem we are having in the site concerning the rendering of Google maps

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

After site-migration, everything went fine except for a problem in one view (we already opened a ticket for that).
There is a problem concerning the rendering of Google maps here:
hidden link

What could be the problem?

Franco

Hi Beda,
kindly let me know what kind of more info you need about this ticket.
Thanks.
Franco

I would need to know what is not working, and what steps are followed to produce what expected result (which is not happening, hence the problem)

When I visit hidden link I see a map, with markers.
Is that not what should be there?
Seems there are several JS errors, 404's on not found files, and You have exceeded your request quota for this API, as it seems

That will require you to either pay Google's fees or lower the usage of Maps on this site.

Thanks.

Hi Beda,
I think the problem is about the fee to be paid to Google (we read that for static maps there is no fee, is it true?) Is there a way to keep free on the website the usage of Google maps or is there a free alternative?

Thanks.

Franco

The toolset is not affiliated with the Google API changes, hence you would have to refer to their information:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/
hidden link|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/&__utmv=-&__utmk=226107546&_ga=2.121242056.1789325723.1539244176-1637233675.1539244176

Usually, you should not have to pay but if the site is heavily used and you have a lot of calls, then the fees will start to apply as dictated by Google.
Alternatives for now is only Azure.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.