Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem mit der Anzeige eines Inhaltstemplates in Archiveseiten.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frankW 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Good evening.

I use the Worspress "TextBook" theme for my blog. For the display of various archives and searches I have created my own content template.

Under the theme "TextBook" the results up to the page break are displayed in the form of the content template. After the first page break, the display of the theme is loaded.

I think that's okay for my desktop version and it should stay that way.

My problem is that my responsive version also loads my own desktop version content template before the page break.

However, I would like the original display of the theme to be loaded and displayed in the responsive version.

Where is the mistake?

Thank you!

Kind regards

Hello,

Please describe the questions with more details:
What kind of "page break" are we talking about?
How do you setup the "responsive version"? is it from your theme "TextBook"?
You theme might use some special "responsive" CSS codes.
If it is, you theme might use some special "responsive" CSS codes, you can try to edit the content template with classic editor, setup the HTML codes manually according to your them "TextBook".
For example:
Dashborad-> Toolset-> Content Templates
find and edit your specific content template, click link "Use the Classic Editor for this Template", setup the codes manually.

Hi there.

By page break I mean adding additional posts manually. I have set the number of posts to be displayed in my archive to 3. These 3 posts are displayed based on the CSS of my own content template. As soon as I add the next 3 posts, they will be displayed based on the CSS of the topic. I think that's okay for the display on the desktop and it should stay that way. For the responsive display on a mobile phone or smartphone, I would like the CSS of the theme to be loaded in principle.

I hope I have described my problem clearly.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

It seems to be a custom CSS codes problem, Can you show the problem page URL?

https: /WWW.womo-reisen.de In principle, the problem affects all archive pages on my website.

I will send you the HTML and CSS codes of my content template.

<div class="box" style="text-align: left;"><a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-featured-image size="full" class="box-bild"]</a>
<h2>[wpv-post-link]</h2>
<p>[wpv-post-excerpt length="20" count="word" more=" ..."]</p>
<hr />
<div class="categ"><strong>Relevante Themen: </strong>[wpv-post-taxonomy type="category" separator=" | "]</div>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: 8pt;">[wpv-post-date]</span></p>
<hr /></div>

.box {
max-width: 800px;
margin: 20px 0px 0px 0px;
}
.box-bild {
max-width: 100%;
}
.box h2  {
padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 420px) {
.box {
border: solid 1px #D3D3D3;
-moz-border-radius: 0.5em;   -webkit-border-radius: 0.5em;
border-radius: 0.5em; margin: 10px;
}
.box-bild {
border-radius: 0.5em 0.5em 0 0;
}
.box h2 {
padding: 10px 10px 0px 10px;
}  
.box p {
padding: 0px 10px 0px 
10px;
margin-block-end: 0.2em;
}
.btn-primary {
display: none;
}
.box hr {
}
.categ {
}
.entry-content a img {
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none;
  }
}

Thanks for the details, I assume we are talking about the load more button "Ältere Beiträge" created with "".

In mobile size, click button "Ältere Beiträge", I see three items loaded in three rows, but those three items display differently styles

Can you confirm it?

There should be something changed the content template outputs from other plugin/theme.

You can use shortcode [wpv-post-body] to display the content template, and add attribute suppress_filters="true" in it, for example:
[wpv-post-body view_template="my-ct" suppress_filters="true"]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

suppress_filters (opt):
'true' | 'false' (default)
If suppress_filters=’true’, all third party (non WordPress) filters hooked into the_content filter will be removed, when retrieving the post body.

Hi there,

Yes it is right. If I click on the "Older posts" button in the mobile size, 3 more posts are displayed in 3 lines in the design of the theme. The first 3 posts have the design of my own content template. I would like to change that, but only in the mobile size. I am satisfied with the display in desktop size.

I did not understand your note regarding shortcode and filter.

I still send you the code in my archive.

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
<div id="portfolio-view-2">
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop wrap="1" pad="true">
		[wpv-item index=1]
		<div class="row ">
			<div class="col-sm-12">[wpv-post-body view_template="archive_beitraege_kurzform_offen"]</div>
		</div>
		[wpv-item index=other]
			<div class="col-sm-12">[wpv-post-body view_template="archive_beitraege_kurzform_offen"]</div>
		[wpv-item index=pad]
			<div class="col-sm-12"></div>
		[wpv-item index=pad-last]
			<div class="col-sm-12"></div>
			</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
</div>
<!--  <nav class="text-center">
  [wpv-pager-archive-nav-links output="bootstrap" previous_next_links="true"]
</nav>  -->
[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

.text-center {
  text-align:center;
}
.navigation { display:none;
}
.col-sm-12 {
padding-left: 0px;
padding-right: 0px;
}

Thank you

In the "archive code" you mentioned above, there are some content template shortcodes:
[wpv-post-body view_template="archive_beitraege_kurzform_offen"]

Please replace them with:
[wpv-post-body view_template="archive_beitraege_kurzform_offen" suppress_filters="true"]

And test again.

Hi there,

I have implemented your advice.

Unfortunately without success.

Can't you control the type of display via CSS codes?
("e.g. @media screen")

Kind regards

I think there are some misunderstand, you can output HTML codes using Toolset plugins and content template, and you can style the outputs using CSS codes ("e.g. @media screen").

But there isn't such kind of built-in feature to output different HTML codes by browser size.

It means in different browser sizes(desktop or moblie phone), the HTML outputs are same, you just need to use CSS codes to style them, and display differently.

Hallo, das verstehe ich. Es muss aber ein Problem eben, weshalb die Ergebnisse nach klicken des Buttons "Ältere Beiträge", nach Seitenumbruch anders dargestellt werden.

Hello, I understand that. But there must be a problem, which is why the results are displayed differently after clicking the button "Older posts", after page break.

It should be able to output the same HTML codes, unless there is other plugin/theme in your website which is changing the outputs.

Please check these in your website:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi there,
I can already say one thing about the problem. In the standard theme "Twenty Seventeen", the display of the Arcives worked correctly. So there might be a problem working with my "TextBook" theme.

Kind regards

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.