Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem clearing cache with Access Control

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was having 404 errors on single post pages.

Solution:
Save the permalinks twice in Settings->Permalinks to flush the rewrite rules.

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markH-16 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I've been trying to set up Access Control so I can hide a couple menu items, and have content viewable to admin only.

I was successful in hiding the menu items by creating a post group called "Logged in users only" and adding the archive pages. They were pages I used as archives for my CPTs by adding a view to the page. All was working well. Logged out users couldn't see the menu items. As admin I could use the menu to get to the archives, and pull up the single CPTs. Perfect.

I also assigned single CPTs to the "Logged in users only" post group so only logged in users could see those posts, in case someone found them on a Google search.

But, at some point a problem began. When I clicked on the archive links to go to the single CPTs I started to get the "Oops" message. I couldn't pull up a single CPT.

I use Litespeed cache, which I cleared numerous times. I also cleared the fields in the Front-end Content tab, and I reset the Toolset database for Access Control in Settings . Nothing seems to clear the cache.

I couldn't find anything on caching problems in the documentation. I have completely deactivated and deleted Access Control, and I still can't see my single CPTs. I still get the "Oops" message. The first thing is, I need help accessing the single CPTs. I'd like to use Access Control, but I don't know if I've made a mess of things, or if there's something happening with the caching... or something else.

This is one of the CPTs that I can't open. Access Control is not installed at this point.

hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suspect that rewrite rules were not flushed. Go to Settings->Permalinks and save the permalinks twice to make sure the rewrite rules are cleared. Then check again if the single posts are accessible or not.

If this does not help, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty-Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help, I'll need to take a closer look at your website and check how the custom post type is set up, and how WordPress generates links for each post. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

I might also need to take a copy of your website and check it on our servers to exclude any possible server-related issues. Let me know if that's fine with you.

Thanks Jamal - refreshing the permalinks worked. Everything is working again. Logged out users can't see the menu links, and I can access my single CPTs.

* Correction to my original reply - I also set up access control on "Photo Editing" CPTs by default. Thanks so much for your help.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.