Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem after update

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am picking up where I left off with a Toolset project I started two years ago.

Site & back end were OK.

I updated a Toolset plugin (from 1.x to current version).

I am trying to: Access my site / back end

I visited this URL: hidden link and hidden link

I expected to see: Front end and back end

Instead, I got: Error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPV_Settings::get_instance() in /home/vgc/public_html/cts-wp/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.settings.class.php on line 177

Okay first, let's get your site back up so you can access the backend for some investigation. Please log in using FTP and navigate to wp-content/plugins. Rename the "types" folder to something like "types-backup". This will effectively deactivate the plugin. Now, you should be able to log in to your wp-admin area.

If you have Views installed, update it. If there are no errors, you should be able to rename the types folder again and reactivate the types plugin. If you're locked out again, rename the "wp-views" folder to something like "wp-views-backup" and send me some details of what's happening.

For future reference, please always provide your debug information with a ticket. This way I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an article with instructions located here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

OK that resolved the issue.

But, when I tried to "activate" the Toolset Types plugin I got the same problem again, I assume because my subscription has run out?

Thank you.

Hi, an expired subscription wouldn't directly cause this type of error, it would only prevent you from automatically receiving updates to the plugins. Was the Types plugin you were attempting to activate the most recent version? If not, it's possible there is a conflict between the old version of Types and the newer version of Views. It's best to update both of these plugins, as well as Layouts, to their latest versions before trying to re-activate them.

FYI - Toolset Packager is no longer available for download or maintained, as its functionality has been baked into our core plugins. You can safely delete it while you are updating your other components.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.