Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Prevent content repeating when editing content using an edit form on front end

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewB-7 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 9.43.34 AM.png

Hi Andrew,

You can actually add a custom css class to the section and then hide the section using that css. See Screenshot

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Okay, but I don't want that to always be hidden. I need it to only be hidden when the edit form is being used. How do I do that?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andrew,

Sure you can just add the css to the Css section of your form. This means that this css will only be loaded when the form is loaded to the page.

This should only hide it when you're editing the post.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I don't follow. Doing as you suggest would hide the form (which needs to remain unhidden to be edited), rather than the content of the page outside of the form (which is what I need to hide).

If you are able to demonstrate this in my site, by adding a CSS selector, please do so and point me to it. As things stand I don't see how your suggestion could work, sorry.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 3.15.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 3.14.32 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 3.14.39 PM.png

Hi Andrew,

Take a look at the screenshots. I've added a class called 'hide' to the elementor section. Then on the form itself i've added the css to hide this section.

So when the form is loaded the section is hidden. It will only hide the section if the form is loaded.

Please let me know if this is a little clearer for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Oh I see, this is awesome thank you.

So to confirm that i understand this correctly, any CSS placed in the settings of the form itself *will only take effect* when the form is loaded onto the page. Is that correct? So I can add any styling onto the form settings CSS section that i want to only apply on that page when the form loads, and it'll work at that point (and only at that point)?

If this is correct, then I just had another one of those eureka moments with Toolset which makes me realise the power it has.

Thank so much again for your help, and very best wishes,
Andrew.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andrew,

any CSS placed in the settings of the form itself *will only take effect* when the form is loaded onto the page. Is that correct? So I can add any styling onto the form settings CSS section that i want to only apply on that page when the form loads, and it'll work at that point (and only at that point)?

Yes that is correct.

No problem happy I was able to assist you with getting this resolved.

You may close this ticket when you're ready.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.