Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pressing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I click the Add Field button in the Block Editor I see a blank popup modal appear.

Solution: It seems there is a style conflict with the Echo plugins. Our developers are coordinating with their developers to find a solution.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John Appleseed 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Types KB conflict.PNG

I am trying to add a field to a custom template using the block editor.

Screenshot attached showing the empty lightbox and the js errors that appear in the console.

I have narrowed this problem down to a plugin conflict between Types and the Echo Knowledgebase plugin. I have already sent a support request to the Echo KB author but I'm hoping you may have suggestions as well. For now I am required to continue running Echo KB. Deactivating Echo KB causes the Add Field function to work correctly. Do you have any idea what these errors could be referring to?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I'm able to replicate this issue as well with just Types, Blocks and the Knowledge Base plugin active. I would like to report this to my 2nd tier team for additional investigation. Do you have an email address available for the plugin authors?

Sorry for the confusion, I meant do you have the email plugin author's email address so our developers can contact them?

Oh, sorry abut that. Yes you can email
support@echoplugins.freshdesk.com

From my 2nd tier support team:

There are many styles added by hat plugin that applies to our HTML, so for example styles added to .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar (we do not prefix .ui-dialog-titlebar, and they add to it)
Same for .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-content, where they add to .ui-dialog-content and we do not prefix that.

this is a public API so it is not on us but Knowledge Base for Documents and FAQs plugin must be more specific when adding its won styles

We suggest reaching out to their authors to explain the situation so they can make the necessary adjustments. Let me know if you need anything to facilitate that conversation.

It seems to me that if the complaint is that Echo KB is not prefixing its styles, shouldn't Toolset be prefixing its styles as well? Like both plugin authors are throwing these really generic style class names into the global namespace and both plugin authors are telling me to tell the other one to fix it. So basically there's no resolution 🙁

Let's say jQuery UI has a class .ui-dialog and Echo adds styles to .ui-dialog. No matter how Toolset prefixes its code, it will inherit the styles Echo adds to .ui-dialog. Instead, Echo should add a class like .echo.ui-dialog, and add styles there. Then Toolset can add its styles like .toolset.ui-dialog, and so forth. So when Toolset opens a modal using .toolset.ui-dialog, it would not inherit styles from Echo unless it also applies the echo class. I think this is what my 2nd tier team is talking about.

Thanks for all the help and specific instruction. I was able to work with the authors of Echo KB to fix the issue on their end.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.