Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Present sidebar with Attribute Filters

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hyukP 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
Present Attribute filters on SHOP and Product Page/s.
The sidebar does not appear at all on SHOP Page and only a blank sidebar appears on Product pages.
I did find:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/make-products-archive-page-show-up-just-in-the-content-area-not-the-whole-page/
But I am using AVADA theme.
I do have the checkboxes set on the page options and in the Avada Theme options for the sidebar to appear.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect to see the filters appearing on the left side of the page.

Instead, I got:
Noting or blank space.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

I've been reviewing how the sidebar settings work with Avada independently of working with Toolset, and I can't understand how to get the sidebars to appear at all, so I'll need you to direct me, so that I can then double-check what does and/or does not with Toolset.

With no Toolset plugins activated I set up a basic WooCommerce site with Avada using the demo WC content.

I went to Avada > Theme Options > WooCommerce, but those settings don't seem relevant to the sidebars.

For those I went to Avada > Theme Options > Sidebars > WooCommerce Products and WooCommerce Archive, and for both of these I set the normal blog sidebar to appear on the right of the page.

But visiting the shop page on the front-end and visiting single products, each are full-width with no sidebar.

I edited a single product and on the individual settings for that product I can see/confirm that the settings look correct, but no sidebar displays.

All of this is without Toolset.

If you can direct me how to get the sidebars to appear on a vanilla Avada WooCommerce site then I can take it from there.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.