Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Presales: matching multiple criteria?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnG-13 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

This is a presales question: I want to build a web application on my wordpress site that will match users of a service with each other based on multiple criteria. Kind of a dating service type of arrangement. I'm thinking that because there will be different groups of criteria types, it will need to be a relational database, not flat.

Will Toolset do this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I don't think that Toolset would be the best application for what you are trying to achieve.

It may involved a lot of extra coding that would make things become complex.

I would recommend using a plugin that is more tailored to your specific need.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane: Can you be more specific why this won't work? I just tried a simple test (creating a new post time with filter of 5 different items) and it seemed to work OK. But maybe there's something I'm missing?

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Maybe I was thinking a bit too deep on the what you want to achieve. For e.g some form of automatic matching system.

If you could explain the scope of what you want then I could provide a more detailed answer based on your specific need.

Is it that you want to search through your posts using multiple search criteria ?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane -- I want to create a matching system where a user enters their profile information, then checks off a series of checkbox sets that will act as filters.

So user1 enters his profile then is presented with the following sets: Favorite color: Red, Blue, Green; Favorite pet: Dog, Cat, Hamster; Favorite Drink: Beer, Wine, Water

Now user2 can search for compatibility using those filters. So they could look for someone who's favorite color is red, favorite pet is dog and favorite drink is wine.

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Yes this is actually possible 🙂

All you need to do is setup the custom fields and attach them to the custom post type.

Allow the customer create a profile, since you will be creating a Profile CPT.

Next all you need to do is set up a parametric search so users can search for other users profiles

Thanks,
Shane

Awesome -- glad to hear that! Especially since I've already purchased it.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.