Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pre-Sale questions

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Agnes Bury 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Agnes Bury.

Author

I am trying to: Build a new site
I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/
I expected to see: Pre sales questions
Instead, I got: Paid support forum where I can not post a pre-sale questions.

Preface: I'm trying to build a map directory website where I would have different types of listings. They all have some common info, but some for accommodation would need child cpt or fields group that would be repetative.
CPTs:
Points of interest (CPT)
- Museums
- Library
- Hospital
- Hotels
-- Room types (more than 1 in a hotel)
- Apartment building
-- Apartments (more than 1 in a building)
- Services

Does it make sense to have one top CPT and different types as taxonomy? How would you go about 'room types' in hotels and 'apartments' in apartment building?

So here are some of the basic questions:
1. Is it possible to have parent and multiple child CPTs to be submitted via same form submission?

2. Different user subscriptions for different post types (listing types/taxonomy terms). For example, if user wants to post a listing of type 'a' he has subscription 'a' that costs '$x', or if he chooses to post a listing of type 'c', he gets subscription 'g' that costs '$xx'... Does this make sense? Basically, different listing types would have different prices. Is there a way to limit number of submissions according to subscription paid?

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

Hi Roni,
this is Agnes Bury from Toolset Marketing Team. I'm answering pre-sales question. For this purpose we use a workflow which start here:

https://toolset.com/toolset-free-consultation/

We had a bug (resolved now) and the workflow was not working correctly. Our apologies.

Roni, could you please post your question again using the form above and I will reply to you. Just copy/paste your message into your form body.

This way your request will be handled in the right place, where I can monitor it and we both receive all notifications. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Your link still takes me to user support for paid customers...

Getting page:

Ask us about Toolset
Thank you for buying Toolset. For help, please use the technical support forum, where Toolset supporters are waiting to help you.

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Thanks for letting me know. There is something wrong here - I will notify our admins to sort it out but let's continue here.

"Does it make sense to have one top CPT and different types as taxonomy? How would you go about 'room types' in hotels and 'apartments' in apartment building?"

If you want to have diffrent prices for diffrent types of ads I would recommend using diffrent CPTs.

The reason why: If you want to charge fees using Toolset and WooCommerce you need to create a separate WooCommerce product for each price and connect it to a relevant form created with CRED. This is how Toolset works with WooCommerce.
Please read more here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-commerce-to-add-payments-to-forms/

To sum up:
1. You create a CRED Post Form for adding posts of a specific post type
2. You create a WooCommerce product
3. You connect 2 and 1 as covered in the doc linked above.

To post an add your visitor would need to sign up to your site first and then being logged-in they can post diffrent types of ads as if they would buy any WooCommerce products.

What you are suggesting is pretty complicated... Having tens of different post types

For example if I do amke CPTs for all, how would it be possible to have unique form that based on CPT selection, child CPT would be posted as well in one single form?

Accommodation
- apartment building
-- apartment

Apartment building has more apartments, so user logs in, comes to form to submit his apartments. Form asks details about the building, and multiple apartments.
Is this doable?

I done something similar with Gravity Forms long time ago, but was wondering if I can profit from Toolset as a whole for simplicity sake.

It seems that is not doable here.

For me more logical is to have only one CPT (Points of Interest), than taxonomy for POI types, where based on taxonomy, post fields groups would change. In this scenario, it is just a question how to charge differently for different POI type (taxonomy cats) via single form?

Agnes Bury
Supporter

Hi Roni,
what you plan to achieve makes perfect sense (I mean your architecture). The problematic issue here is that you want to have diffrent fees for your ads and how CRED and WooCommerce work together - you can assign only one Product per CRED Form.

So you would need to set up several WooCommerce products - each with its own price.
How CRED forms work when used along with WooCommerce - you connect one CRED form with one WooCommerce product.

Toolset CRED forms allows you to display fields conditionally, including taxonomies so in theory you could have only one form for submitting all of your ads. The problem is that you cannot connect this form to diffrent products (to set prices conditionally) depending on what the user has chosen in your form.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.