Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post's status is not changing to draft on expiry

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ricardoL-4 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi guys, I recently experienced some problems with the expire post not moving to draft. I add on my website host an every minute Cron Job, but for some reason it's not working properly. Do you thing you can help me solving it?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This ticket was created from a chat session, I suppose that you have been disconnected before being able to reply Waqar. Let's continue on here.
To better assist with this issue, can you tell which form are you talking about?

If everything seems fine to me, I might need to take a copy of your website for some local debugging. Let me know if that's ok with you and I'll install Duplicator and prepare the copy?

Hi Jamal, yes you can do that.

Jamal
Supporter

I was not able to take a full copy with Duplicator, so I took a database copy and an All-in-one migration backup. I'll try to build it locally and check what I can find.

In the meantime, you may want to try if this issue is not triggered by a compatibility conflict. Check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

I built a copy of your website locally and tried to fix the issue to no avail. Even in a minimal setup, with a default theme and only Toolset plugins.
All settings seem fine to me. So, I am suspecting that this only happens because of an inconsistency in your database.

Let me approach our 2nd Tier for assistance on this issue. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Jamal, Thanks for keeping me posted. If that helps I did changed the config.php file to set the cron job off and created a cron job on my website cpanel with a every minute WP CRON job. As Christian from Toolset advised me to do.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I double-checked again on my local installation, and it was created standalone before importing the All-In-One Migration backup, my wp-config.php file does not have the code to disable cronjobs.

I'll wait for the 2nd Tier opinion on the matter and get back to you.

Hi Jamal, do you got any news about the issue?

Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier has tested on his local setup with a copy of your website, and unlike me he was not able to reproduce the issue.

For testing, H disabled all but required plugins, and I edited the form just to change the interval from 90 minutes to 10 minutes for testing. Then, he submitted ads with the form, which creates them with draft status.
Then he had to publish them via the backend post edit screen so their status was published.

His cron job was set to run every 5 minutes. Checking 15 minutes after publishing they had been switched to draft as expected.

We don’t know how you publish the posts. There is an edit form, but we can see anywhere that it is inserted, and in any case, for the status it is marked as leaving the original status unchanged.

Please try again on your server with only a default theme and the Toolset plugins, and check if it works on that case, then activate the plugin one-at-a-time to spot the one causing the issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.