Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post relationship form drop down shows posts by all authors

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

I created and add to favorites type of set up with toolset.
For some context it's:
Add to playlist (parent post type) and song (child post type)
It works fine except for one issue. I have it set up so a subscriber can create new 'playlist' posts. I also set it up so they can only see their posts in a view (filter view by logged in user).
What the problem is...when the subscriber selects the dropdown in the relationship form for playlists they see ALL playlists created by all authors of all roles.
Is there a way to have it so they will only see their posts in the relationship form drop down?
It seems weird to me that they should see everyone's playlists in the drop down.
Thanks.
Scott.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Scott,

Yes this is possible, on the Edit form page for that particular form, just go to the relationship field.

There should be a setting that allows you to only see posts from the currently logged in user.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
FYI - for anyone else, if your in expert mode (as I was) the code to add is author='$current'
The filtering setting only shows in visual mode.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.