Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Relationship broken

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoM-5 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
broken-relationship.jpg

Previously I had set up a many-to-many post relationship between a Toolset-created CPT and the podcast CPT from the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin. At some point this stopped working; the admin displays a message that the podcast post type does not exist or is inactive (see attached image). However, it does exist and is active, and I can query podcasts via Toolset Views and edit its Toolset content template for single podcasts. When I opt to edit the relationship, Podcast is not showing as an option for association. Existing relationships are still showing appropriately on the front end, but we're not able to edit or associate new relationships. Any insights on how to fix?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marco

I just installed the podcasting plugin on a local test site, and if I go to Toolset > Relationships and try to add a new relationship then the podcast post type appears among the list of post types which can be connected.

You cannot edit your relationship because the post type is missing, but if you try to create a new relationship is the podcast post type also missing from the list of available post types?

I'd like for you to check whether there is a conflict with some other plugin affecting this. Ideally on a staging site, disable all plugins except Types and the podcast plugin, and see if anything changes on these pages regarding the visibility of the podcast post type.

I will probably need to take a copy of your site to be able to debug properly, so let me set up a private reply now so that I can get site credentials from you. You may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Marco

I took a copy of the single site and installed it locally for testing.

I can't reproduce the problem, the podcast post type was recognised at Toolset > Relationships.

So the problem seems to be server-specific.

Before trying to get to the root of the problem, can we try and verify that.

Are you able to create another site on the same network with the same server settings (or use an existing site) with Types and the Seriously Simple Podcast plugin active and see if the podcast post type is available to Toolset relationships?

Hi, just an update that I have a ticket in with our host, WP Engine, to investigate the issue. I will let you know if we need more help soon...

Nigel
Supporter

OK, please let me know what they come back with.

I still have some troubleshooting to do, so if you don't mind, please let this ticket open for a few more days. Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Sure thing. I'll mark this as awaiting your reply and you will get a nudge from the robot before it is set to close so that you can reply again if you need to keep it open for longer.

Hi, I was able to fix the relationship by:

1- Disabling Seriously Simple Podcast plugin
2- Manually adding 'podcast' CPT to Toolset
3- Re-activating Seriously Simple Podcast plugin

I don't know why Toolset Types stopped recognizing the podcast post type. Something seems to have gotten corrupted during an update. Either way, I'm glad we found a workaround for now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.