Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Group window in pages not showing properly when Divi theme active

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by DieterR7285 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
Assigning Post group rights within a page is seemingly not possible because it is overlapped by the edit control header rows of the page content. When using classic editor with a Divi theme framework, please see attached screenshot image. If Divi page builder is used it works again fine.

The only solution I found is to either make the page more narrow which will squeeze out the content header and make the Post Group window more visible to OK the selection made. Or to simply change the z-index to at least 9999 of the Post Group window for the time being.

This is seemingly happening only when the Divi theme, including the latest, is activated and not the WordPress Twenty Nineteen theme. So I have added a functions.php solution, for the Divi child theme, which should make the Post Group window appear on-top in all scenarios:

// Add Admin backend styling for Divi resolving Post Group display issues
add_action( 'admin_head', 'rv_custom_wp_admin_style_head' );
function rv_custom_wp_admin_style_head() { ?>
<style>
@media all {
	.js-toolset-access-dialog {
		z-index: 9999 !important;
	}
}
</style>
<?php }

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Website mentioned above.

I expected to see:
The Post Group windows on-top of the content header and other page editing parts.

Instead, I got:
Post Group window being overlapped by the content header rows.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Dieter,

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some tests.

During troubleshooting, I was not able to reproduce this issue on my test website, with DIVI theme active.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Can you please make sure that WordPress, theme and all plugins are updated to their latest versions on your website and check the Post Group pop-up/modal again? It would be useful to also test this will all non-Toolset plugins disabled.

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details so that I can see the issue from the backend.

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.