Skip Navigation

[Resolved] post forms not triggering a notification email

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
post forms not triggering a notification email

Solution:
It was an issue within Paypal. Usser had to set the identity token in his site.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-forms-not-triggering-a-notification-email/#post-1754015

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasB-12 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I’m having an issue with one of my post forms not triggering a notification email.
The form is tied to a woocommerce product.
On submit, the post is set to the status of draft.
When the order is set to processing, the post status is changed to pending review.
The post has an email notification which sends an email to a specified address when the posts status is changed to Pending Review.
At this point the email notification is triggering, but it is not sending any of the information from the form.
However, if I set the notification to trigger when the form is submitted, it works fine and sends the form information.
I disabled all possible plugins, removed custom jquery from the post, and activated a default theme as recommended for troubleshooting. But still no luck getting this to work.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Am I setting this up wrong? Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting the email notification working correctly?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1621521-1616875/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that you are changing the post status from the backend admin and you want that the email notification should trigger when post status changes from backend admin?

Hi Minesh,
The email notification is triggering when the product status changes from "Pending Payment" to "Processing".

However it is not sending the values added to the post when it sends out the notification email.

I have this added to the notification email:

%%POST_TITLE%%

Name: [types field='aplicant-first-name'][/types] [types field='aplicant-last-name'][/types]
Birth Date: [types field='applicant-birth-date' style='text' format='F j, Y g:i a'][/types]
Current Address: [types field='applicant-current-address'][/types]
Email: [types field='applicant-email'][/types]
Home Phone: [types field='applicant-home-phone'][/types]
Emergency Contact Name: [types field='emergency-contact-name'][/types]
Emergency Contact Relationship: [types field='emergency-contact-relationship'][/types]
Emergency Contact Email: [types field='emergency-contact-email'][/types]
Emergency Contact Phone: [types field='emergency-contact-phone'][/types]
Rental History: [types field='rental-address'][/types]
Rental Dates: [types field='rental-dates'][/types]
Monthly Rent: [types field='monthly-rent' format='FIELD_NAME: FIELD_VALUE'][/types]
Reason for Leaving: [types field='reason-for-leaving'][/types]
landlord Name: [types field='landlord-name'][/types]
landlord Phone Number: [types field='landlord-phone-number'][/types]
Employer Name: [types field='employers-name'][/types]
Employer Address: [types field='employers-address'][/types]
Employer Phone Number: [types field='employer-phone-number'][/types]
position Held: [types field='position-held'][/types]
Employment Dates: [types field='employment-dates'][/types]
Monthly Gross Salary: [types field='monthly-gross-salary' format='FIELD_NAME: FIELD_VALUE'][/types]
Supervisor Name: [types field='supervisor-name'][/types]
Supervisor Title: [types field='supervisor-title'][/types]
Number of People: [types field='how-many-people' output='raw'][/types]
Number of people aged 18 and over: [types field='num-people-over-18' output='raw'][/types]
Animals: [types field='animals'][/types]
Cosigner: [types field='co-signer'][/types]
Cosigner First Name: [types field='co-signer-fname'][/types]
Cosigner Last Name: [types field='co-signer-lname'][/types]
Cosigner Email: [types field='co-signer-email'][/types]
Cosigner Relation: [types field='co-signer-relation'][/types]
Agreed to: [types field='agreed-to'][/types]
Agreed By: [types field='agreed-by'][/types]

But it will not send the values of those fields when it sends the notification emails.

Minesh
Supporter

The email notification is triggering when the product status changes from "Pending Payment" to "Processing".
==>
I would like to first confirm that are you changing the product status from backend admin?

The status is being changed automatically by the system once the status changes from "Pending Payment" to "Processing".

Can you provide an example of "changing the product status from backend admin" so that I can better understand your question?

Minesh
Supporter

When the status is changed automatically by the system at what point are you changing the status while buying the produce or it is from the admin section you are changing the status?

If you can show me screenshot from where you are changing the status I will be able go guide you in the right direction.

I don't manually change the status of the product. It is automatically changed by the system after the user has purchased the product.

The user fills out the post form.
They are taken to the checkout page.
The purchase the product using paypal.
The post is automatically changed from pending payment to processing by the system.
At this point the email is triggered.

Minesh
Supporter

I've another user who have reported that email is not sent when using "WP Mail SMTP" plugin.

When I review the debug information you shared - I see you are also using plugin "Post SMTP". Can you please deactivate the plugin and edit your form and with your email notification you setup - try to use "Send test email" button and see if you get the email with "Post SMTP" plugin activated/deactivated.

In addition to that:
After checking to debug the information you shared with us, I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Do you see any difference? if no:
Can you please share problem URL from m where I can buy the product and go through the steps, please allow me to use another payment method for now or also send me paypal sendbox information that I can use to buy the product.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This has been fixed. It was an issue within Paypal. I had to set the identity token in my site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.