Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Forms are not working on Front Page while using WPBakery Page Builder

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
Add a Post Form on Front Page (Home)
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
The new Post being created.
Instead, I got:
A weird redirect to some sort of search.

Steps:
I have created a Post Form for a CPT.
1. I have tried adding the Post Form using the the WordPress Page Editor (WPBakery interface) directly;
2. I have also tried creating a Content Template with the form (WPBakery) and adding that Content Template to the Front Page (Home).
Whenever Submitting the post, it behaves abnormally, redirecting to a weird "search" link.
It works very well on other pages (including with WPBakery Page Builder) but on the Front Page it will work only when not using WPBakery.

I would be able to work without WPBakery on the Front Page, but this is still an issue and I would prefer to have everything consistent and see why it's behaving this way?!

Would you be able to recreate this issue?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I installed an updated copy of your site locally and see the issue there, but I can't pin down why, so I've passed it to my second-tier colleagues to investigate further.

I'll let you know what they find.

Thank you, Nigel! Will wait to see what's behind that :-??

Nigel
Supporter

The preliminary investigation has found that it happens on the home page with WPBakery only where the form includes a completed taxonomy field, which is odd to say the least, but they are still trying to identify why.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, my colleagues determined that the cause in this case appears to be the same as the one reported in this erratum: https://toolset.com/errata/php-warnings-and-a-wrong-redirect-when-submitting-a-toolset-form-from-a-views-wordpress-archive-page/

That includes a workaround. Could you try that and see if it resolves your problem?

Sorry, I am away. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks!!

Nigel
Supporter

Sure, no problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.