Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Form – Setting Featured Image Failure

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that when the user tries to attach a specific featured image to their CRED form, the image doesn't get saved.

Solution:

In this case I suspected that there was something wrong with the image itself since all the other images worked well.

Replacing the image fixed the issue.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrei-laurentiuP 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
I have created Post Forms for publishing and editing CPTs.

Whenever trying to add a featured image -- [cred_field field="_featured_image" output="bootstrap"] --, if the image comes from the "Media Library", it will not be saved after submitting/publishing. This does not happen if the image is added through "Upload Files".
Can you replicate this issue?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Have you tried the basic debug steps to see what is happening with this ? It could possibly be a plugin conflict, so I would recommend that you temporarily disable the non-toolset plugins and check again.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane. I didn't think it is because of plugins since I don't use many plugins apart from Toolset. I identified that this problem is caused by Wordfence Security. It is strange, since I have been working with this configuration for a while now and it happened out of the sudden. Should this be an issue to be reported to Toolset or to Wordfence?
Regards,
Andrei

Ok, so I was wrong on that. It was a coincidence with Wordfence Security. I only have Toolset active and the issue persists. It works for some images and it still does not work for some other images. It is really strange and annoying. I cannot find any errors. May it be related to image size or dimensions?!? I don't know...

picture-works-001.jpg
picture-NOT working-001.jpg

An example. One picture works (gets saved as input), one picture is not working (does not get saved as input).

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andrei,

Would you mind allowing me to test this out to see whats happening ?

Could you send me a link to the form ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure. Please let me know your e-mail / create a private message, so I may send you access details.

Sorry, Shane. I was away one week and didn't have access to the admin area. I have sent you an e-mail with the details. Regards, Andrei

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andrei,

I'm not seeing any invitation in my email.

Could you try again.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane. I have sent you an email from admin@woakey.com with access and login details for woakey.com
Have you checked your spam?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andrei,

Thanks I was able to see the email now.

However I tried both passwords in the email and neither worked for me.

Could you test it out and let me know if the passwords worked for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry, I have sent another e-mail.
Cheers

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andrei,

Thanks I was able to log into the site.

Is it ok if I upload an image to the site or do I have to try one that you've already added?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

So, I have a CPT named Public Profile.
If you go here: hidden link you should go Edit Profile (top left, beneath the title) and try setting the Logo image from the post form (it is the featured image of the CPT) as I have shown in the uploaded image earlier (post from July 12, 2019 at 6:52 am). The image should be saved as featured and displayed on the same page/content template in the top left (so after editing and saving, you can access hidden link again and see the featured image theoretically in the top left corner) -- but this doesn't work for some images (as the ones in the example. for one image it works, for the other it doesn't - maybe you try those two to see what I'm saying).

Sorry, misread. Yes, ofcourse you can upload if it helps.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.