Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Form is not submitting data for some fields

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by michaelO-8 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Capture.PNG

I am trying to:

When submitting a post form hidden link
the data no longer seems to get submitted for the custom fields with checkbox lists. When editing the post, the data is blank (unchecked) even if it was when being submitted. However, the other custom fields seem to work (select, single text field etc.)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

As a result, in the loop editor, the data is not displayed.

Hi, I logged in to your wp-admin area but I don't see anything obviously wrong here. Can you try these troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily switch to a default theme like Twenty Nineteen and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Forms
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem is not resolved, I will need to take a closer look. Let me know if it's okay for me to make a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin.

Capture.PNG

Hi Christian, thank you for your assistance. I have tried switching to Twenty Nineteen and deactivating all plugins except Types, Views and Forms, but it seems like the problem is persisting.

Please feel free to clone the site using the Duplicator plugin to inspect it further. I want to mention that I have made posts successfully using this form about a week ago, so it is quite puzzling that it no longer works. Not sure if this is helpful, but the only change I can think of before this issue started to occur was a change in how the view displays the filter by going to "Custom Search Settings", enabling option "Let me choose individual settings manually"-> and changing it to "Show only available options for each input" (see this ticket here for details: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filtering-posts-with-views/ ) but I would be surprised if a change to a setting in the view would affect the form.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Michael

Let me jump in here if I may.

We have another report of the same, namely checkboxes fields included in forms not updating the post correctly.

We are preparing an erratum for it, and in the meantime I'm escalating this thread to add it to the internal ticket.

As soon as we have some news we'll get back to you, but an issue such as this we'll be looking to get fixed soon.

Hi Nigel,

Great, thank you!

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Michael

The erratum is published and contains a patch if you want to try that: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-form-doesnt-save-checkboxes-field-values/

Hi Nigel,

Sounds great. I am having a little trouble locating the proper directory to install the patch. Is this something that should be installed through the dashboard or FTP? When trying through FTP, I cannot seem to find the path /library.

The closest looking path I could find was /public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-module-manager/embedded

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Michael

the correct path to replace the file is

wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/models/

Can you try that?

This fix seems to work, thank you for getting it out quickly!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.