Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Form Creating duplicate posts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MattI4840 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
TS_Example.png

This application has multiple custom post types one of which is 'Parcels'. When a new post is created for this cpt using the form I set up to do so from the front end, 2 nearly identical posts are created with the same creation date and time stamp, sometimes 3, but it happens intermittently.

A potentially important note is that there is a custom function triggered by this form using the 'cred_submit_complete' hook, but there is no code in that function to insert a new post nor any loops of any kind (function name is ylstracking_create_parcel). All toolset plugins are up to date, and since this is a live app I pulled down a local version and attempted to replicate the error with my administrator login, as well as with the main users login (rfales) and could not replicate the issue locally.

I have turned on the debug log, for the live app so I'm hoping to capture any errors that could lead to this happening, so I'll update you if/when that happens. But if you could take a look at the duplicator pro package I've linked to and let me know if you see anything that could be the potential root cause it would be very much appreciated.

One other odd thing I noticed, I use the Stream plugin to log all user activity, however it doesn't appear to be capturing the creation of new Parcels, so there is no info to help there either.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

The form to create new parcels on the live site is: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Matt,

Thank you for getting in touch.

As preliminary step I would recommend that you remove the custom hook that you have for this form as well as temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try the form again and let me know if the issue still remains.

If it does please let me know and we can take it further from there.

Thanks,
Shane

After further research the user was actually creating posts in rapid succession with the same names making it look like they were duplicates when they were not. Apologies for any time wasted on this ticket, there is still an issue at play here, it just isn't the duplicates I thought it was, so we can close this ticket out.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.