Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post expiration date

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use the post expiration date feature in wp-admin, and I would like to display the post's expiration date on the front-end of the site.

Solution: Go to Toolset > Settings > Forms and choose "Enable automatic expiration of Post options for Post Forms" to activate post expiration features in wp-admin. Then to display the post expiration date on the front-end of the site, you can use the following shortcode:

[cred-post-expiration id="[wpv-post-id]" format="m/d/Y"]
This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by leilaG 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/set-the-post-expiration-date-within-a-form/

Following on from the above support ticket, does this mean that the date picker will only be shown in the front-end of the user submission form and not in the back-end post? For example if we wanted the option to also add Job posts through the back-end as well as being able to edit the expiration date of a front-end user submissions.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-28 um 13.10.05.png

If you enable "Enable Automatic Expiration of Post options for Post Forms" in Toolset > Settings > Forms and create a Form to edit or create new Posts of a type - and add an expiration setting to that CRED Form, then the expiration setting is present on the post type addressed as well, you can find it in the Post Edit Screen in the backend, top-right hand.
It's named "Settings for Post Expiration Date"

Thank you for the instructions, it;s now showing on the back-end.

How do I display the Expiration Date in Layouts on the Front-end? I have tried [types field='expiration-date'][/types]

You can use the cred-post-expiration shortcode to display a formatted date on the front-end of the site.

[cred-post-expiration id="[wpv-post-id]" format="m/d/Y"]

More information about displaying the expiration date in the documentation here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/#displaying-information-about-the-expiration-date-on-the-front-end

Great! Thanks for the help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.