Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post expiration

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi, I need one advise. I have custom post types on this site (hidden link). The owner of the site would like to add post expiration option for one of our custom post type (this Businesses for Sale) and he email notification that this post will expire to the author of the post, in this case Broker.

In your documentation, I see that I need to add that option in the CRED form. I have two CRED forms on this site, one is the Add Listing and the other is Edit the Listing.

Do I need to add on booth of this forms expiration thing, or only on one of them, for example on create form.

Can you please advise

Best Regards
Sasa

Hello, you do not have to add the expiration notice to both forms. Normally you add the expiration and automatic notice in the new post Form, set to send when the Form is submitted. It is also possible to set an expiration date when an edit post Form is used. You can learn more about post expiration with Forms in our documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/

Hi Christian, thanks for the tip.

One more question. I added post expiration feature, but I would like to show on the front end when the Listing will expire with this option (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/#displaying-information-about-the-expiration-date-on-the-front-end).

When I add this shortcode to the view content template, nothing is happening.

This are the examples of the shortcode that I'm trying to add:

[cred-post-expiration]
[cred-post-expiration id="469092" format="m/d/Y"]
[cred-post-expiration id="{!{wpv-post-id}!}" format="m/d/Y"]

I would like to add this date here: hidden link

For example, this is my added code in content template for views, and here is the output

code: [cred-post-expiration id="469092" format="m/d/Y"] / {!{wpv-post-id}!}
output: hidden link

Can you please advise, thanks in advance

Sasa

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access tot he website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, just send me your email

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

My email is shane.c@onthegosystems.com

I've also enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, I think I figure it out. When you create a new Listing or edit existing Listing, then the post expiration date is working.

Please check here: hidden link (after Last Modified Date).

My question is now, can we apply this to all 346 Listings somehow automatically or we need to edit Listing by Listing?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Zeljko,

You will need to manually set the expiration for each post.

Since your posts were created before you setup the post expiration this will need to be a manual process.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.