Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Possible usecase: User Profile – is it possible?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hello guys,

I would like to ask whether my project is possible with Toolset.
It is about a "membership environment".

1. users can not register, but are added by a self-created role "Client Admin".

2. when the user logs in, he should be redirected to his own page.

3. to the user roles, further metas should be added. A kind of checkbox. In the frontend there are buttons, which you activate or deactivate by activating the checkbox also the button.

4. the client admin should have an overview of the users "client team" in the frontend (must not come into the wordpress backend). In this overview, the client admin should be able to adjust the meta data accordingly. Say: disable or enable buttons.

We had previously solved it with Elementor and dynamic content.
But in the future we want to work more with Gutenberg / Kadence Blocks and Kadence Theme.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards
Patrick

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Patrick,

Based on what you've shared, it is possible to create a "membership environment" that you're planning.

You can create two custom user roles "Client Admin" and "Client Team". As the name indicates, the users with the virtual (front-end only) admin privileges will be given the "Client Admin" role and the actual users will have the "Client Team" role.

To better understand how content access restrictions can be used with Toolset, I'll recommend going through our free course on creating a membership website:
https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-membership-sites/

Note: To limit the WordPress admin area access, by user role, there are a number of third-party plugins available:
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

regards,
Waqar

Thank Waqar,

I will look at this.
Hopefully it fits for our needs 🙂

best regards
Patrick

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You're very welcome Patrick.

Please mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one, for each new question or concern.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.