Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Possible to restrict content inside page by user

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user wanted to restrict content in a page by single user.

Solution:
You Can do this however it will be done in the opposite way. Now you can add a Post to a post group, Restrict the permissions on the group for a specific role, then you can add your users individually that you want to have permissions to the page itself.

So those who are not on the list wont be able to access the page.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicholasM 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I basically want to do this https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/ but on a per user level not per role level. The end goal is to have one page called /portal or something and have each user have their own custom form based on their existing equipment. I dont want to create a new role for each company as that sounds like a bad idea. is there a way to extend the access shortcode to the user, so it's like - [toolset user_name ="user1"]

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately no we dont have a solution to restrict individual user from viewing contents within a post.

Thanks,
Shane

how about a way to restrict a page to only one user? the I could create a page each and setup a login redirect somehow for everyone?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

You Can do this however it will be done in the opposite way. Now you can add a Post to a post group, Restrict the permissions on the group for a specific role, then you can add your users individually that you want to have permissions to the page itself.

So those who are not on the list wont be able to access the page.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.