Skip Navigation

[Closed] Possible Bug With Multiple CRED Forms on One Page – GUID / Layout Messed Up

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello,

I am using multiple CRED forms on my site's single event page as explained in my previous post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-adds-new-event-post-type-user-links-existingnew-child-post/

On the page there are 5 forms: select existing organizer, create new organizer, select existing venue, create new venue, and add event tickets.

I found out that when a user adds event tickets without first selecting an organizer, the tickets (created as woocommerce products) are saved to the database with the GUID post type=organizer, even though the next field, post type = products. This makes it so that the layout for each of these tickets made changes from single product to single organizer. Very strange!

It isn't a big issue because I can force users to choose/create an organizer first, but it was something I thought should be brought up in case other people have the same problem.

Apologies for the lack of debug info. I am not sure how to find it with the latest version of Toolset. I'd be happy to provide it if someone could tell me where to look.

Thanks!

I recall that thread

It was a rather a complicated setup. I would need to set this up in a simplified version, to reproduce it.

To speed up this process I see this possible approaches:

1. I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

2. Send me the Modules involved.

But then you also would need to elaborate the code used (CRED API)
You could use the Plugin Toolset Module Manager to send me the zipped modules.

I rather would prefer the first approach, along with a detailed Application logic description.

I will then skin down the site to the minimal necessary and analyze it, reproduce it with some Dummy Post types and report if I can replicate it, or provide the solution, if it's a issue of the Application logic.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Possible Bug With Multiple CRED Forms on One Page – GUID / Layout Messed Up’ is closed to new replies.