Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Populating relationship field from url doesn't work

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.41 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
entity not getting associated.png

I am trying to: populate the Person-Entity relationship in a form using a url parameter

The correct entity appears in the dropdown on the form but does not get saved with the person post.

The view from which the user clicks generates a url as follows:

<a href="www.radiotools.co.uk/create-person?id=[wpv-user field='ID']&parent_entity_id=[wpv-post-id]&uname=[wpv-user field='user_firstname'] [wpv-user field='user_lastname']">This is mine - Go</a>

The form takes parent_entity_id fine and the right one appears but when submitting all is good until I check the pertson entry and it is not associated with any entity.

You can follow this through by registering an account at radiotools.co.uk

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you provide me with admin access to the site as well as steps on how to access and replicate the issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

I was able to clearly see the issue as this is a strange one and im not able to replicate at all on a fresh site.

What you can try doing is to re-create the post relationship as well as the form and let me know if the results are still the same.

Thanks,
Shane

The results are worse!

Now I can't even get the form created again as the relationship doesn't show up at all, having recreated it.

The relationship (redone) exists. I have proved that by creating a relationship form for it.

However, when I create a new create person form, the option to add the relationship field isn't there.

Just adding; I don't think the issue previously was with the relationship as I could add the related entity to a person in the backend and if I used the form but actually selected as a user rather than passing the entity ID in a url parameter, it was fine.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

Selecting the parent using the URL is one of the normal use case of our plugin and it should work.

Are you aware of any custom code on the site that could be targeting the form?

Also would you mind if I grabbed a copy of the site for further investigations as well ?

Thanks,
Shane

I am not aware of any custom code. Yes, by all means make a copy.

Shane
Supporter

Hi nick,

Did you do any work to the site ?

I'm not seeing the form showing up on the page anymore.

Could you restore the form and test again since I've updated your forms plugin to the latest version.

Thanks,
shane

The form is not appearing because you asked me to delete and re-establish the relationship and after that the form didn't contain or allow me to add any relationship at all.

SO.... I have restored the site to its state before I did that and updated all plugins. Effectively, the site is back to where we were when I first reported the issue but with plugins up to date as at today

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the extreme delay in getting back to you on this one.

Currently the forum is experiencing a high load and will update you once i'm able to continue investigating this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

I tried logging in to grab a copy of the site but it seems the credentials have been change.

Can you re-verify the credentials that you've provided previously so what I can grab the copy of the site.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry this must have occurred due to the rollback. You should find that the previously advised credentials now work

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

I've escalated your issue to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.
Once i've gotten a response from them I will update you on the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Is there any update on this please?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

The issue has been reported but our development team hasn't produced a fix for it as yet.

As your relationship is one to one this is a bug on our side that needs to be fixed. The problem is that you shouldn't be able to connect posts that are in previous relationships.

I will update you once there is some fix for this.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.