Skip Navigation

[Closed] Populate to existing page/post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 8 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

I have a site where people fill out a form and it creates a page. This page provides info on what my customer is looking for and they will want quotes. I want companies to be able to fill something out on that created page to make offers/quotes related to my customers provided info.

How can I make those offers/quotes appear in a list below the already created content?

I have purchased views and types and I'm loving it!

Dear Chris,

You are probably using a Content Template to display the customer page. So in that Content Template you include a View shortcode that lists offers/quotes below.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

What's the trick to making it the form populate the existing page vs creating a new post.

Thank you!

Dear Chris,

Im not sure I understand. As I see it you would have a customer post type and a quotes post type. They have a parent/child relationship set. You have a form to populate customers and another form to populate quotes. Finally you would have a Content Template for each customer that includes a View of his quotes in it, just below customer the custom fields.

This is a guide about property listings with rooms for each property:
https://toolset.com/learn/use-a-fields-table-to-create-a-relational-real-estate-listing/

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] Populate to existing page/post’ is closed to new replies.