Skip Navigation

[Resolved] pop up does not work

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Setup popup modal window and display a Toolset Form.

Solution:

It does not need other plugins, you can try Bootstrap modal.

To enable Bootstrap in your website, you can try this:

Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Bootstrap loading", enable option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 4"

Relevant Documentation:

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/modal/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by acts-1224C 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a membership site.
I need to use modal pop up for some forms or custom display throughout my membership site.
I installed a pop up plug in. However the pop up shows the button but the functionality is blocked. Why it is so?
Does access impeded the modal pop up from displaying? I did tried 5 different pop plugins and the same happened. Functionality were blocked and the button does not trigger the information pop up.

I have a second regular website base on the same astra theme. I installed the same pop up plugins with the same info and all pops displayed beautifully.

There is something wrong with toolset or it does not allow pop ups functionalities? I need help because this is crucial for my business. If the modal pop plugin should work, which plugin interacts better with toolset?

Hello,

To setup a popup window and display a Toolset Form, it does not need other plugins.
You can try Bootstrap modal:
hidden link

To enable Bootstrap in your website, you can try this:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Bootstrap loading", enable option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 4"

See the solution in below similar thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-child-post-form-in-bootstrap-modal/

Thank you Luo for the reply.
This is the thing, there must be something not working properly. I did just as you instructed me, pasted the functionality exactly as is in bootstrap, just to see if it worked with no forms just dummy info.

The button does trigger the popup, the popup does appear and there is an darker opacity all over the page. However, the pop stays under the opacity filter and not above it. Thus, the button to close does not work because you cannot access it due to the opacity covering the whole area which should be above the background but under he popup and the popup should display the dummy info in it..

That was why I decide to get a plugin, and the same happened. It feels the pop code is being held up from displaying. There is got to be something wrong. Regardless the route with a code from bootstrap or with 5 different popup plugins.

It seems to be a compatibility issue, please check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

Luo thanks for the guidance. I did deactivate all plugins, and switched themes. I deconstructed all pages where modal was used, for in some pages it did work and in others not. I thought I was going crazy. After all back and forth since the problem persisted I discoverd the imcompatility.

Modal pop up does not work if it used inside a Kedence or Astra Ultimate Block column block type. These blocks do impede the modal to appear. Any other Kedence and Ultimate blocks type will work perfectly if modal popup used inside it, but not in the column blocks. I found it odd, but it is the situation. it does not make sence to me but the reality does speak for itself.

Now inside the column blocks from Gutenberg it allows it to flow perfectly. The only draw back it is that is not so manageble as far as settings. Gutenberg blocks are very raw.

Anyway thanks, for you shed some light to my many nights without a sensible answer.

Thanks for sharing the solution, that will help other users.

Feel free to create new ticket if there is other new issues.

My issue is resolved with a work around it, now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.