Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Plugins won’t update

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user was having issues updating there plugins.
Solution:

In this case the issue is that the user was trying to update using a really old version of our Types plugin with an old installer. Version 2 of Types

In this case you will need to manually update the types plugin to its latest version, then you can update the other plugins through here.

The latest version can be downloaded from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 15.33.26.png
Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 15.33.56.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Update Toolset plugins

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No. The plugins won't update either on the Plugins page, or the Commercial Plugins which list Toolset plugins.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See attached screenshots. In one it tells me that I need to enter a subscription key, but in another it says I have a lifetime subscription. In this latter one, I try to download an update, but it comes back as failed.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Russel, Thank you for getting in touch.

In your case the issue is that you are trying to update using a really old version of our Types plugin with an old installer.

In this case you will need to manually update the types plugin to its latest version, then you can update the other plugins through here.

The latest version can be downloaded from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane. OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm doing a manual update now. Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.