Skip Navigation

[Resolved] plugin updates

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user was having problems finding and updating their plugins.

Solution:

This is because we are doing a stepped roll out of our newest versions and only some customers will get the notification. So its just a matter of time before you will see it.

However you can go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial and from here you can click on the Check for Updates button to manually fetch the updates.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tK-4 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Within my WordPress Plugin Admin, it says I have the following installed (per one of my sites):
Types: v3.3.7
Views: v2.9.4
Forms: v2.5.3
It does not say their are any plugins are outdated, or that there are newer versions.

Within my Toolset account: https://toolset.com/account/sites/ ; it says I have the following versions installed:
Types: v3.0.7 but hover says I need to update to v3.0.8 (but on a page refresh it said v3.3.8)
Views: v2.6.3 hover says I'm current
Forms: v2.5.3 hover says I'm current

On your Download page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ ; it says your latest versions are:
Types: v3.3.8
Views: v3.0
Forms: v2.5.3

All my other plugins and themes tell me in my WordPress dashboard/plugin page that there are updates (or even self-updates), yours does not.
Having to manually download your plugins so I manually upload them thru FTP seems odd.
Not knowing I'm using outdated plugins seems odd, as I don't periodically login to your site and check.
Just seems like something to look into.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This is because we are doing a stepped roll out of our newest versions and only some customers will get the notification. So its just a matter of time before you will see it.

However you can go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial and from here you can click on the Check for Updates button to manually fetch the updates.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

The slow rollout makes sense. Although your https://toolset.com/account/sites/ is way behind, but that's neither here nor there. I always forget about the 'add new' plugin option to check if existing plugin updates are available. Thanks.

Close this thread as resolved. Thanks, Shane.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.