Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Plugin Conflict

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Sportgeschaefte-ohne-Karte.jpg
Post-Backend-when-Toolset-Map-is-deactivated.jpg
Post-Backend-when-Toolset-Map-is-activated.jpg

Hello
I updated your plugins 2-3 days before.
Since then I cannot use "Elementor"-Plugin and also WP Bakery Visual Composer. By checking I found out it's the map plugin of Toolset. The responsable plugin is "Toolset Maps". By activating or deactivating it causes the conflict or the conflict disappears, when it's deactivated.
Now on the site I was using it the map is not available anymore.
I need to solve the pulgin conflict between your "Toolset Map plugin" and the pagebuilders-Plugin (Elementor and WP Bakery VBisual Composer).
I hope you can help.

We do not recommend using Layouts with WPBakery or Elementor, and I would not advise using WPBakery and Elementor together either for this reason - they all do similar things and can cause conflicts with one another. Can you explain in detail why you want to use all 3 page builder systems together?

Hi Christian
Thank you for answering so quick, but I've got to tell you quite straight, your answer is not an answer to my question. Since I installed Toolset I found plugin conflicts that Toolset has with other plugins. But Toolset plugin worked without any problem with the pagebuilder plugins when I installed the Toolset. Now that I installed the updates of Toolset some days ago a plugin conflict happened between Toolset Map and the pagebuilder plugins. We've created several hunderts of pages with pagebuilder plugins, especially with Visual Composer. We cannot stop work with them just because we want to use Toolset. In the very opposite I think we should be able to use Toolset especially with Elementor and Visual Composer! Building Layout with bootstrap is not as userfriendly and modern as with pagebuilders, I think. If we cannot use Toolset without having problems when we use Elementor, Visual Composer, etc., then please let me know now, then we have to stop working with Toolset. The pagebuilder plugins have our priority. But I would like to solve plugin conflicts between the two. Is this possible?

Ive got the same problem. When Toolset Maps is actived, it cause some jquery conflict in front and back of WP.

In back-office, here the error :

At line 7 from wpv_addon_maps.js

self.api = google.maps;

--------------

Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined
at new WPViews.ViewAddonMaps (wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.4.2:7)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.4.2:938)
at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-but&load[]=ton,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,wp-pointer,underscore,backbone,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-but&load[]=ton,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,wp-pointer,underscore,backbone,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:2)
at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-but&load[]=ton,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,wp-pointer,underscore,backbone,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-but&load[]=ton,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,wp-pointer,underscore,backbone,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.6:2)

If we cannot use Toolset without having problems when we use Elementor, Visual Composer, etc., then please let me know now, then we have to stop working with Toolset.
Layouts is just one component of the Toolset plugin suite, and we do not recommend using Layouts with Elementor or Visual Composer or Beaver Builder, or any other page builder system. You must deactivate the Layouts plugin if you intend to use other page builders.

Other components of the Toolset suite, including Types, Views, and Maps, should work without causing conflicts on the post editor screen. So if you do not need Layouts for a specific purpose, I recommend deactivating it to prevent further conflicts. Once you have deactivated Layouts, if you're still seeing problems with Maps active, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure all your plugins and theme are up-to-date.
- Open the browser console and reload the wp-admin editor page where you are experiencing the problem. If any JavaScript errors appear, please copy them and paste them here for me to review.
- Temporarily deactivate all other plugins except Types, Views, Maps, Elementor, and WPBakery Page Builder. Test again. If the problem is resolved, then that could indicate a multi-way conflict with another plugin. Reactivate other plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.
- If the problem was not resolved, I will need to take a closer look.

Capture d'écran 2018-05-31 19.13.35.png

Same problem when Toolset layout is desactivated.
The problem come only when toolset map is active.
I join the console in attached image.

Okay if more than one person is having this problem, it's probably best for me to get a clone of your sites so I can investigate further. Please find private reply fields here, and provide login credentials so I can install the Duplicator plugin to create a site clone. If I cannot log in, you can create a clone yourself and provide a downloadable link.

Hi everybody,
Finally we have found the problem. It was the plugin Wp google Maps who deregister the call to google maps api.
Everything is ok when desactivate wp google maps.

Thanks for your support

Thanks @fabriced. I would like to continue to investigate your problem @rolff2342, so please let me know if you still need assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.