Skip Navigation

[Closed] Please simplify the many-to-many relationship setup. Suggestion for how

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author

I would also like to request this feature be simplified and more powerful.

I am migrating from ExpressionEngine. I used the plugin called Playa (hidden link) that handled post relationships in an extremely elegant and easy to use way. In my view it handles this issue perfectly without need for long explanation. He provides a two column custom field in which one side is the list of content on your site (which can be searched and filter), the other side is the articles you have related to this page. You create new relationships by finding the content of the left side and dragging it over to the right side. Done.

It is super easy to use and works so well.

I feel that the Types team could learn a lot but studying his user interface and method. The complexity of the current method is just too much I feel,

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for the feedback, I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Please simplify the many-to-many relationship setup. Suggestion for how’ is closed to new replies.