Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PHP7 support

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Toolset does brake on Servers with PHP 7

Solution:
Update your Toolset to the latest Beta versions / stable versions to come, and use this Errata Page for reference:
https://toolset.com/errata/views-compatibility-issue-with-php-7/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.41 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 33 replies, has 10 voices.

Last updated by nathanW-4 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,

Given PHP7 is now released and supported by wordpress when can we expect to see support for it in Views?

Thanks

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

While WordPress is ready for PHP 7, PHP 7 itself is not released.

I apologize that the post is not in full english but it gives a idea of what happened, and also that there is no ETA for PHP 7 official release:
hidden link

We at Toolset are working hard to make Toolset Fully compatible with PHP 7 but unfortunately I can no tell neither when PHP 7 will be released as stable and also not when Toolset will be fully compatible with it.

I apologize any inconvenience this might cause.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you

Hi,

PHP 7 was officially released on the 3rd of December - hidden link

Removing the additional 'break' in the loop allows the sites to load but the sliders and content templates don't work. We'd like to run all our sites on PHP7 asap due to the performance increase - especially bigger sites using views run extremely slow. Initial testing on PHP7 makes them much quicker.

Thanks

Thank you for the details.

I apologize I did neglect to see that Post (face palm)

I forwarded the concerns and also the information about the "break" to our DEV.

Please expect my informations here in the forum, I will update you here as soon I have news in regard of the process here.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you, see below the 'break' error which prevents the site loading.

Removing the break on line 1012 allows the site to load, however sliders and content templates don't work for me. Bloody fast though.

Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/common/toolset-forms/lib/adodb-time.inc.php on line 1012

+1 for this compatibility improvement.

PHP7 performance increase is really important, as already stated by Nathan.

Thanks for you support
Best regards
Carlo

I have added your voices to the internal issue tracker and will update you here if there any news form the DEV Team.

I apologize any inconveniences surging from this meanwhile.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to being able to use views on PHP7.

Please keep an eye on our Blog and ChangeLog for future informations on this process.

We will publish the changes either in the Blog or / and ChangeLog.

When exactly our developers will add a new feature or not is not up-to us Supporters to determine.
Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.
It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks. What is the priority of PHP7 compatibility?

I will receive soon more details on the internal process and will update you here on this.

Please expect my informations here in the forum.

Thanks for the update on PHP7. I'm seeing more web hosts writing about it and encouraging people to use it for performance reasons. I've already updated my other sites that don't use Toolset and have been very pleased with the performance.

Looking forward to seeing that PHP7 support for Toolset anytime soon!
On projects where we have not used Toolset (for various reasons) we see a tremendous performance boost. So looking to see that on our Toolset projects too! 🙂

+1 for PHP 7 compatibility. We need it asap.

Thank you developers in advance! 🙂

Needing PHP 7 support ASAP. Please prioritize this feature and make it available. I'm very happy to be a paying supporter of this set of tools, but hope for speedy responses when I do pay.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.