Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PHP Error and Warning

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The problem being described in this ticket is that the customer is experiencing some errors and warnings on his website since the latest 2.0 updates.

Solution:

The solution that worked for the customer was to update wordpress to the latest version 4.5 and updating our module manager plugin.

It is always recommended to have wordpress updated to the latest version as well as your plugins.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello Toolset Support,

This report is from a test site, so the issues are not an emergency. I wanted to report the experience and issues in case they are helpful to you.

1) When creating a ticket, you ask for debug information, but the instructions of where to get the debug information didn't work. Perhaps the location of that link changed with the new version? I could not find it.

2) I have a Magazine reference site created previously on my local machine. I logged into it today to test the new versions of Toolset. I updated everything. I have this in my wp_config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

I get this warning:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WordPressReset has a deprecated constructor in F:\Servers\www\typecast\wp-content\plugins\framework-installer\wordpress-reset\wordpress-reset.php on line 10

3) I got an out of memory error when clicking on some of the Toolset menu links. Note that I have the full version of the plugins installed so did not activate the embedded ones as prompted after the upgrade. This could be my mistake, but I didn't think I needed the embedded versions.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in F:\Servers\www\typecast\wp-content\plugins\cred-frontend-editor\embedded\classes\Form_Builder_Helper.php on line 1198

Thinking that the error would go away when I activated the embedded ones (as prompted on the screen), I clicked the button to do that. The text of the button changed to "Running", but there wa no other indication that anything happened and after a few minutes there were no changes, but the prompt to install the embedded version was gone when I went to another page.

Clicking on the WordPress Archives link I get this out of memory still:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WordPressReset has a deprecated constructor in F:\Servers\www\typecast\wp-content\plugins\framework-installer\wordpress-reset\wordpress-reset.php on line 10

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in F:\Servers\www\typecast\wp-content\plugins\types\library\toolset\types\embedded\includes\wpml.php on line 173

I hope this info is helpful.

Best regards,

David

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum 🙂

In response to your questions let me see how best I can answer 🙂

1. I spoke with our team on this and the debug information has been temporarily removed but will be added back in the future. This is a concern for us supporters as it provides a firm basis for us analyse a customer's website without logging in.

2. I can report this one to the team but I would try to replicate first 🙂

3. This one can be fixed by increasing your wordpress memory limit. To do this all you need to do is follow the instructions in the link below.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thank you for the response. I created a new test site with WordPress 4.5, downloaded the latest module manager from my account, and installed the Magazine reference site.

With debug turned on, this error still appears:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WordPressReset has a deprecated constructor in F:\Servers\www\typetest\wp-content\plugins\framework-installer\wordpress-reset\wordpress-reset.php on line 10

So, I've replicated this on a new site. Please report the debug warning.

I have not gotten the out of memory error.

Best,

David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.