Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PHP deprecated notices with WP 5.5

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Valeriia 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Have just upgraded to WP 5.5 and now have PHP deprecated notices in my debug.log file:-

Are either of these relevant to Toolset plugins?

[12-Aug-2020 06:11:12 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  wp_make_content_images_responsive is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/XXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773
[12-Aug-2020 06:11:12 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  class-phpmailer.php is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 5.5.0! Use wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php instead. The PHPMailer class has been moved to wp-includes/PHPMailer subdirectory and now uses the PHPMailer\PHPMailer namespace. in /home/XXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4963
[12-Aug-2020 06:11:12 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  class-smtp.php is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 5.5.0! Use wp-includes/PHPMailer/SMTP.php instead. The SMTP class has been moved to the wp-includes/PHPMailer subdirectory and now uses the PHPMailer\PHPMailer namespace. in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4963

Thanks

I have one of these errors since I updated, it pops up every time I submit a Toolset form:

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/c/.../.../public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

I suppose it is related to Toolset.

Please have a look.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We are aware of some notices generated by the WordPress update. This is already fixed in development and the fix will be included in the next release of Toolset plugins. Check our erratum about it https://toolset.com/errata/wordpress-5-5-update-triggers-php-notices-in-toolset-blocks/

However, the notices you reported were not triggered on our tests, maybe they are not caused by Toolset. To confirm that, deactivate Toolset plugins for a while and check if the notices are still logged, if they are not, we can take a copy of your website and analyze it.

I tested it on a site that has only 3 plugins installed: Toolset Types, Forms and Views. And I get this notice every time I submit a form.

It is definitely related to Toolset forms. I don't use Toolset Blocks.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.