Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Persistent Error Messages with CRED forms

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Annotation 2020-07-16 112238.jpg

(1) I have a view which displays nested repeatable field groups (outer layer is 'masts', inner layer is 'mast sections'). I added four CRED forms to it, one to create and one to edit each group (add a new mast, edit existing mast, add a new mast section, edit an existing mast section).

Because I am using an Elementor template, the Edit Post Form link doesn't work, as it just reloads the page - there is no Content block for it to replace. Instead I added a CRED form shortcode [cred_form form="120" post='$current'] inside the View. This seems to work well, except for a problem with the error message produced by the 'add new mast section'

When the 'add new mast section' form is submitted, it sometimes produces a "Could not set the parent post because it has the wrong type. The parent for this post should be of type masts" error even though it correctly submits. Also this message will not go away. I've logged out, cleared my cookies, renavigated to the page from its parent page... I'm not sure what's going on.

(2) In general, is it possible to make the messages disappear (expire) after a period of time?

Hello,

Q1) I suggest you try with Edit form link,
To make the edit form's link work from inside the Elementor's single post template, you can follow these steps:

1. Please make sure that in this Elementor template, a "Post Content" module exists to show the content of the current post.

2. Next, you'll create another Toolset content template, that will include the shortcode for the edit form:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/#2-create-a-content-template-for-displaying-the-editing-form

3. The actual steps to insert the edit form link is same guide's point #3:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/#3-insert-link-to-the-content-template-that-displays-the-form

Q2) There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms, but you can try with custom JS codes, for example:
hidden link
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.