Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Patch for Divi Layout Block in Toolset block template not functioning fully.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

This relates to the following patch that as an interim fix for testing:

https://toolset.com/errata/the-divi-layout-block-is-missing-when-editing-a-content-template/#comment-490269

I have tested and have found that you can locate the Divi layout block and select it to appear in the block editor. The issue lies when you attempt to open the Divi Visual builder through its templating or if you try to use a pre-made layout. With the former the template loader spins for ages and then finishes without any of the builder elements available to work on, just a white canvas. With the later, a similar situation with the pre-made layouts, the loader spins for ages and eventually disappears, returning the user to the block editor with the Divi Layout block in its initial setup phase.

Beda has confirmed that it works on his end but hasn't confirmed whether he has gone as for as opening up the block beyond the initial setting up of the block in the editor.

It may be the case that I set up the patch in the wrong way so I will test again ( I see a Types update there today so might use that ) or wait for the final Views release to see if that works.

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

Hi Lou,

I followed all your suggestions. I activated the 2020 theme and had to use the Divi Builder plugin for the Divi Layout block.
I encountered the same issues.. Any chance that this has only been tested on Toolset Blocks?

I will wait for the next update to Views to test again. I have too much work on at the moment to invest more time in testing but I can pass on the following on PHP errors given by the Query Monitor plugin:

Warning Parameter 1 to wp_default_styles() expected to be a reference, value given 1 -
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:288
do_action_ref_array('wp_default_styles')
wp-includes/class.wp-styles.php:135
WP_Styles->__construct()
wp-includes/functions.wp-styles.php:23
wp_styles()
wp-includes/functions.wp-styles.php:209
wp_style_is()
wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/PublicDependencies/Dependency/CodeMirror.php:73
ToolsetBlocks\P\D\CodeMirror->load_dependencies()
wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/PublicDependencies/Backend.php:36
ToolsetBlocks\P\Backend->load_dependencies()
wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/routes.php:38
ToolsetBlocks\{closure}()
Unknown location
do_action('init')
wp-settings.php:523

Since it is a compatibility problem, please provide a full copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the file in your own google drive disk, and share the link.

Also point out the problem page URL, I need to duplicate the same problem and debug in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found.

Thanks for the details, I can duplicated the problem, and have escalated it, will update here if there is any news.

Thanks Lou,

I will await the update.

Here is the feedback from our 2nd tier supporters:
The problem can not be produced in his Mac device, are you using Windows device?

And please share the debug information by following our document:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Eventual-load-blank.jpg
Divi-Layout-infinite-load-kind-of.jpg
Trigger-the-Divi-layout-options.jpg

Hi Lou,

Here is the debug info from the same site I duplicated. As I tested on a minimal config, default Divi theme and all plugins off except Types and Views, the debug info reflects this.

You asked about my setup. I actually use a hackintosh. I checked on a Window laptop in both Chrome and Edge and observed the same issues. The only thing that could connect both machines is the fact they use nvidia graphics.

I am curious. Your initial test confirmed that you could replicate the issue but when passed to the dev team they didn't seem to see the issue. For complete clarity can they confirm that beyond adding the Divi Layout block to a template layout that they attempted to use the options: Build New Layout or Load From Layout. I attach some screenshots to illustrate my experience.

Thanks for the details, this issue has been escalated to our developers as a compatibility issue, I will update here if there is any news.

Thanks Luo,

I will await updates.

Hello,

I have tested it in a live website with the latest version of Toolset plugins + Divi theme, it works fine, I am sending the test website credentials to your email box: info@vaughan****.com

Can you try it again with a live website? and check if it is fixed, thanks

Hi Luo,

That all looks good. I tested and applied a contact form with a Divi module and applied the full template to the Sample page:

hidden link

I also tested on one of my test site to be sure and all works there as well.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.