Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "Password Loss & Password Reset" page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Home »Course» WordPress Directory and Classifieds Sites »Registering Users from the Front-end on Directory Sites» Creating the “Lost password” page in WordPress

"Password Loss & Password Reset" page
I have a question about each page setup.

1. Select "Fields and Text Blocks" within each fixed page.
2. Follow the Toolset documentation
2-1) Lost password form I entered the Reset password in the url.
[wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url = "hidden link" a6% e3% 83% b3% e3% 83% 88% e3% 83% 9a% e3% 83% bc% e3% 82% b8 /? preview_id = 252 & preview_nonce = 2742d86425 & preview = true "]

2-2) I entered my-account as the url to enter in the password reset form.
[wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url = "hidden link" a6% e3% 83% b3% e3% 83% 88% e3% 83% 9a% e3% 83% bc% e3% 82% b8 /? preview_id = 252 & preview_nonce = 2742d86425 & preview = true "]

The result I tried was as follows
2-1). On the Lost Password page, I entered my user name or email and clicked "Get New Password", but did not move to the password reset page.
2-2). On the Password Reset page, I entered my user name or email and clicked "Get a new password", but did not move to the My Account (Mode 2) page.

Please advise what I should do to move to each page.
What I want to do most is how to write the correct url to fill in the password loss form and password reset form.

thank you,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

<Em>2-1). On the Lost Password page, I entered my user name or email and clicked "Get New Password", but did not move to the password reset page.

When you enter your username/email it will send you a link in your email. From your email you will click the link to go to the reset password page.

2-2). On the Password Reset page, I entered my user name or email and clicked "Get a new password", but did not move to the My Account (Mode 2) page.

When you get the new password you won't get automatically log in. The user will need to manually log in after they have reset the password. Perhaps redirect them to the login page.

If you're able to do a short walkthrough video for me so that I can see what you are currently experience.

Thanks,
Shane

reference image.jpg

Dear Shane,

Thank you for your answer.

I've sorted out the issues I'm having when creating an account page. Therefore, we will ask one question as one support ticket. I would like to cut the next ticket for the password reset question.

1. 1. I'm linking to my sign-up page so that already registered users can access my account.
Link: Already have an account? Log in
Login destination = My account (mode 1)
<a href="[wpv-post-url item="419"]"=""> Already have you an account? Log in </a>
419 = Login form

Even if you click this link, you will not be transferred to my mode 1 account.
Is my method of transitioning to my mode 1 account different in the first place?

Please refer to the attached image.

Thank you.
Yoshihiko

I wanted to sort out the problem and then ask the question again. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.