Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pass field value to gravity form paramater through a modal

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Pass to make the modal work in the views. The modal contains a content template with a gravity form shortcode

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: I expected to it to work like - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/field-link-to-single-product-view/

Instead, I got: Script not responding

Dear justin,

What do you mean this:
Script not responding
What script isn't responding? is it custom JS codes?
How and where can I see the non-responding codes?
How do you setup the codes?

I need detail steps to duplicate same problem, thanks

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 9.41.03 PM.png

If you try and visit the page- specialtyhearse.com/test
You will notice that the page takes time to load and will eventually give a script error.
See attached

It is a custom JS problem, I suggest you try this:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.

I switched themes and de-activated the other plugins except for the 4 ones involved - gravity forms, types, views, and easy modal.

It still has the issues.

If this approach is not working, perhaps you can help with with a different implementation?

What we wanted to achieve is the same as https://toolset.com/forums/topic/field-link-to-single-product-view/. That worked fine on our website because it's only showing custom field values. But when I inserted a gravity form, that's when it gave the script error.
I also added the [modal] and [gravityform] shortcodes under toolset settings > front-end content to see if it makes any difference.

It should work like - specialtyhearse.com/inventory
The difference that we are doing on the test page is to call the specific gravityform that is tied up to each inventory (the custom type), hence, we need to include the gravityform shortcode in the modal within the view loop.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if I need to explain further. Thanks

I do not think this problem is related with Views plugin or Types plugin.
Views and Types plugins can only output the HTML codes as you defined in content template, no JS codes is required, so JS errors should come from the gravity form or easy modal plugin.

I suggest you contact the authors of gravity form or easy modal for this problem.

Will go ahead and contact support for gravityforms and easymodal.
My issue is still not resolved though so I'm keeping it on "I still need assistance".
Is this ok?

OK, please update this thread when you get feedback from them and you still need assistance for it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.