Skip Navigation

[Resolved] parent post not staying "set" after connecting to child

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

very weird thing is happening (didn't happen before).
Parent CPT named "sites"
child named "dates"
I have a relationship form - it links from the Parent.
It uses the parent selector. the first time I go to th form via the link the parent is selected correctly as expected. I add the data I want (in this case a date using date field) and click "submit". The form is set up to stay on the same page so I can add another date to the same parent.
In the past the parent selector ALWAYS stayed selected on the correct parent so I could add another date to the parent....but now it goes to "not set" in the drop down. really need to fix back to the way it was.
Thanks,
Scott.

UPDATE - it seems happen if I use AJAX to submit form (as I always had it set to before). If I don't use AJAX the parent stays selected.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and now, the page still reloads, even if the AJAX and "Stay on the same page" option is set in the relationship form's settings.

This has already been reported and there are plans to bring in improvements to avoid that, so that page reloading doesn't happen, which will also keep the parent post selected from the last submission.
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/relationships-forms-in-a-views-loop-redirect-to-the-current-post-in-the-loop-when-submitted-with-ajax-and-stay-on-the-same-page-is-used/ )

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at the moment, but you're welcome to add your voice to bring back this behavior through our feature request form:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

regards,
Waqar

Oh - that's really to bad! That needs to be changed back (for my needs anyway).
Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.