Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use a Layout on WooCommerce Archive (Shop)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I style my Shop (WooCommerce Archive) with a layout?

Solution:
1. Activate the correct settings in Toolset > WooCommerce Views (select the option that will display layouts as well)

2. Create a layout that applies to the content or archives you want to style

The important is that you use WooCommerce Views plugin and use the above mentioned setting.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian Henderson 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot.png
Screen Shot1.png

I am trying to: Have my shop's products and product archives display within my site's Parent Layout. Have already tried assigning the Parent Layout to the Product Archive Layout.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Products laid out in block nestled in Parent layout.

Instead, I got: Header and Footer not displaying – asks to add new menu.

This shoudl work flawlessly when you follow this steps:

1. Activate the correct settings in Toolset > WooCommerce Views (select the option that will display layouts as well)

2. Create a Parent Layout

3. Add a Child layout cell to it

4. Create a layout that applies to the content or archives you want to style

5. Select the previous created parent layout as it's parent

6. Assign the Child Layout to your contet.

If this does not work, please check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

If yes, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Layouts Edit Screen
- The Views WordPress Archive Edit screen

Hi Beda

Thank you very much. That has solved the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.