Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parent – Child Search Form and View

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by keerthanaD 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
City_1.PNG
Lotus_1.PNG
Search_1.PNG
State_1.PNG
Subcategory_1.PNG
City_1.PNG
Category_1.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- I am trying to create a search form based on a parent child relationship that I've based off taxonomy for each custom post. For example, (see attached) a Aged Care category should return a RMxxxx per month subcategory. I might have done this wrong in designing how it's supposed to be done. Please drop me a full tutorial on what I'm trying to do, the right way.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
- Documentations are showing parent child items as separate custom posts, but I've done in using. Should each category and subcategory have their own custom post or will taxonomy just do? Same goes for City into States

Is there a similar example that we can see?
- Literally your property example. I'm trying to assign a City to it's State as well (see attached).

What is the link to your site?
-

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no way to filter category/subcategory using the taxonomy.

You can add post-relationship filter to display related items based on parent selection but you need to setup your category/subcategory as custom post type.

For example - Please check the following reference site link where state and related city setup as custom post type and displayed as dependent filters.
=> hidden link

I strongly suggest you to create a reference site on our free test platform discover-wp.com and try to install realestate reference site and check how the filters are setup:
=> https://discover-wp.com/register/?site_type=713&layouts=yes

Hi, please consider this closed. I will follow through the guides and work on this, Again, thank you for your assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.