Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parent child relationships of custom post types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 11 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hello,
I've created 2 custom post types ( both are hidden ). I want to create parent - child relationship between them but I'm not able to do so
( new hidden CPTs are not listed there but only posts, pages and CRED forms ).
If I change status from hidden to public, it can be chosen as a parent/child.

I think this restriction shouldn't exist!
Thank you,
Attila

Dear Attila,

When you mark as hidden visibility, this custom post type stay hidden in some locations including this one. But what the purpose to put it hidden?

Hello Adriano,

then I don't understand the use of hidden status.
I didn't want it to appear in menu but wanted to define its relationship.

Dear Attila,

In this case you can to put the custom post type as not hidden and in it configuration you need to set the "show_in_menu" option. Go to edit custom post page and Advanced section, now put to True the "show_in_menu" option.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Adriano
OK, thank you!
A

You are welcome.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.