Skip Navigation

[Closed] Parametric Search Text

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 11 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
search_setup.png

Hello,

I'm using the parametric search feature to allow visitors to search and filter a custom post type (Library Entry). The issue is that when users enter text into the Post Search text input field, it only searches through the title and description (body) of the Library Entry, and not any of the custom taxonomies or fields. Is there a way to make it search the custom taxonomies or fields? Should it already be doing this?

I've attached an image so you can see how the view and parametric search is setup. Please let me know if you need further information.

Thank you

Hi Goertzen,

You can try the solution in other thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-and-filter-a-custom-post-type-issue/

Views "search box for vistors." only works for post title and description, and it pass a URL parameter "wpv_post_search" to view,
to make it search the custom taxonomies or fields, you can try add filters in your view like this:
1) Select posts with taxonomy: Categories the same as set by the URL parameter "wpv_post_search" eg. hidden link"xxxx"
2) Select posts with custom fields: my_field LIKE URL_PARAM(wpv_post_search)

And I did not see the attached image in your thread.

Regards
Luo

The topic ‘[Closed] Parametric Search Text’ is closed to new replies.