Skip Navigation

[Closed] Parametric search stopped

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hello,

I have a parametric search that was working perfectly on a live site, but I've just noticed that it is no longer working, probably since the recent update.
The site also uses WPML.

The page is at: hidden link

It now throws up various errors and warnings whenever a search is performed:

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 1640

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/query-filtering/wpml-name-query-filter.class.php on line 158

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/query-filtering/wpml-name-query-filter.class.php on line 160

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/query-filtering/wpml-name-query-filter.class.php on line 201

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-score-hierarchy.php on line 27

Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1571

Grateful if you're able to assist.

Many thanks
Alan

Howdy! We just got your Parametric Search working and it seems it's broken again, not fun at all!

As this is likely a bug on our end, I went ahead and sent it up the chain of command for troubleshooting from our developers. If you wanted to try on your end, Id recommend deleting all Toolset+WPML plugins via FTP and reinstalling to ensure no old files remain from after the upgrade. It sounds time invasive but remember, go to Settings of Types and Installer, you can batch install both in a click!

Hi Ross

I spent some time deleting everything via FTP as you suggested, then re-installed all of the Types/Views/WPML plugins.

I'm afraid the same errors are appearing at the top of the page, followed by a 404 page:

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 1640

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/query-filtering/wpml-name-query-filter.class.php on line 158

Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/query-filtering/wpml-name-query-filter.class.php on line 160

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/query-filtering/wpml-name-query-filter.class.php on line 201

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-score-hierarchy.php on line 27

Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /var/sites/c/conwydisabilitynetwork.info/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1571

Thank you so much for the assistance troubleshooting!

I spoke with our developers first thing this morning, they would like a Duplicator Snapshot. You can either install the duplicator plugin and post links here or provide temporary access details and I can do it for you. Either way, the next reply is private!

Hi Ross,

I'm happy to create a Duplicator snaphot, but I've found the cause.

I had been considering adding bbPress to the site, and recently installed and activated this plugin. When I deactivate it, my parametric search works normally again!

Taking that into account, please let me know if it's still appropriate and relevant for you to work on a duplicator file of my site. I'm not sure if this is something that can be addressed via Types/Views or whether it's something that only bbPress can fix?

Thanks
Alan

Howdy Alan!

bbPress in my opinion is big enough and widely used that we want to be sure Toolset is working with it properly. Would you mind sharing the snapshots in your next reply? I want to be sure you are taken care of 🙂

Thank you so much! I have sent this to our 2nd tier supporters for troubleshooting as it's a bit over my head! We will reply soon!

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

Would you mind of opening a thread on WPML forum? They have the best tools to troubleshoot those problems. In case you still need some help from me please reply this thread.

The topic ‘[Closed] Parametric search stopped’ is closed to new replies.