Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric search results not showing up.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by dannyW 8 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 6.42.12 PM.png

I am trying to: have parametric search results show up on the same page.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: Previously I had a parametric search on a page, but prior to making any choices in the dropdowns, the page showed ALL of the results.

that wasn't any good so I changed the view to this:
[wpv-form-view name="Career Ideas: By Color Code - parametric search" target_id="self"]

which I thought would show the results from what was chosen in those dropdowns. When creating the View I chose "only the search box" and "in another place on this same page". I'm guessing those weren't the correct options. Any ideas?

Views will always display the "All" results by default.

Do I unterstand it correctly that you want to list the Views results to certain values of the filter only, or even better, NO results displayed until you begin to filter?

Latest can be achieved by displaying the Views results on ANOTHER page.

This way you have a Parametric Search and NO results displayed on the first page, and once you begin to filter, you will be lead to ANOTHER page where the results are displayed.

This could also be achieved with a Views (WP Views Filter) Widget or by hiding the Results as example in a Toggle (you can use Bootstrap for this)

Please let me know how you would like to achieve what exactly, then I can help you with more details.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

hi beda,

i want no results to show up until the search parameters are chosen. if the results of that search could show up on that page, that would be great. but if not then having the results show up on a different "results" page would be fine. hope i explained that clearly. thanks so much!

michele

The best way to achieve this is to present the results on another page, or use the Widget as parametric Search.

To Display the results on another page, create (you already have) your View as usual with Search and results.

Then insert on one page the Search form only.
The wizard will present you this option to insert the search form only.

Then, it will also ask you where to display the results.

If you need them on another page, you need to make sure that the Search Form includes a submit button.

Only then you can render the results on another page.

This "another" page can even as well hold the Search form again, so you do not need to navigate back to refine the search or perform a new one.

Let me know if you need further help with this.

DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
(bottom)

Please let me know if you need further infos about this.

Thank you for your patience.

Once again, thank you for the excellent support which helped me to solve my problem 🙂

Hi Beda,

I searched the support forum for the same issue and got this thread. Your solution is great but the only problem I'm having is that the reset/clear button doesn't work any more on the result page, while it works well on the first page.

Do you have any idea of this? Thanks a lot.

Danny

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.